Plymouth Argyle v Crewe Alexandra - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle v Crewe Alexandra - the build up

Mar 17, 2018
Plymouth
So who's going to score against us tomorrow? Will it be Callum McFadzean (the curse of our ex-players) or will Chris Porter manage to hit the back of an open goal this time?

Aug 11, 2013
Hoping we can break our Tuesday night hoodoo. Don’t think we’ve won under the lights since 3 November 2020 at home in the league on a Tues. There followed I think:

0-4
2-3
0-3
0-2
0-6

We drew our first Tues game this season. Wonder if we’re getting our preparation right on Tuesdays? Be a milestone if we could turn this terrible record !

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Both Danny Mayor and George Cooper have been training with the first team and could be considered for Tuesday evening’s game.

that is great news 👍

I thought we looked a bit tired at times against Doncaster, Danny Mayor and George Cooper could be brilliant players to bring on in this game ….

Aug 11, 2013
Personally think we should freshen things up and use the squad a bit more. Luggy used to do this to great effect. Garrick and Agard looked fresh when they came on Saturday. Certain players in all the years I’ve watched haven’t coped with Saturday Tuesday games in succession. I’m sure we’d get the best out of everyone with rotation - but you need to be a very brave manager because if it goes wrong your decisions are under the microscope Too easy to play safe and not change a winning side. Who’d be a football manager !

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakey

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
How come always inclement weather when we play Crewe?!
I recall a game played in extreme fog in the mid 1990s.
Then there was the stormy, swirling wind day that somehow blew Chris Porter's shot wide!
Now today it's absolutely shunting it down

Jan 11, 2016
Very appropriate for it to be shunting it down for a game against Crewe. As a former member of the Ian Allan Locospotters Club I'm pretty sure this is the first time Argyle have played two railway meccas in consecutive games. I was wondering if when Crewe play Doncaster their message boards are jammed with a debate on what to call the clash. I suggest the Gresty Gresley Derby just to confuse the issue!

Oct 20, 2015
Hoping we can break our Tuesday night hoodoo. Don’t think we’ve won under the lights since 3 November 2020 at home in the league on a Tues. There followed I think:

0-4
2-3
0-3
0-2
0-6

We drew our first Tues game this season. Wonder if we’re getting our preparation right on Tuesdays? Be a milestone if we could turn this terrible record !
*shudder* the six-nil was horrible. I'd buried that deep at the back of my mind

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Both Danny Mayor and George Cooper have been training with the first team and could be considered for Tuesday evening’s game.
Lets hope so, would be a big boost for everyone.