Apr 3, 2013
Crewe Alexandra
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter
Latest news

The countdown to Crewe Alexandra

Tuesday

Crewe defender Billy Sass-Davies wants to stop Argyle's good run of form ... Crewe club website.

Details of the streaming options for the game .. club website.

The match is dedicated to the NHS ..... club website. In the build-up to kick off, a spectacular lights show will take place within the stadium, while Argyle Chairman Simon Hallett will give a pitch-side speech ahead of a minute’s applause pre kick-off.

Pre-match quiz ...club website.

Crewe manager David Artell spoke about the importance of striker Chris Porter ... Crewe club website.

Monday

Crewe manager David Artell's pre-match press conference ....club website video.

Match preview ... club website.

Early Crewe team news ... Crewe club website.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are at 17/20 to win, a Crewe win has odds of 29/10 and the draw is on offer at 5/2.

The Greens have played Crewe at Home Park 11 times, winning six games, drawing three and losing two. The last win for Crewe was in August 2011.

Match preview ... Sports Mole.

The game is available on Argyle TV for UK based fans for £10 ... full details.

Sunday

Referee
Neil Hair is the man in the middle, so far this season he has issued 16 yellow cards and no reds in seven games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in January last season when Accrington drew 2-2 at Home Park.
He will be assisted on Tuesday by Adam Ricketts and Richard Morris while the fourth official is Scott Jackson.

They Played For Both
David Fox, Conor Grant, Simon Walton, Steve Guinan, Simon Church, Bruce Grobbelaar, Callum McFadzean, Jamie Lowry, Kelvin Mellor, Paul Bignot, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair. Any more?

Crewe stats analysis
Strengths

Creating long shot opportunities.
Protecting the lead.
Weaknesses
Finishing scoring chances.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Avoiding individual errors.
Defending counter attacks.
Defending set pieces.
Avoiding fouling in dangerous areas.
Style of play
Possession football
Attacking down the left.
Short passes.
Opponents play aggressively against them.
Playing in their own half.
Play the offside trap.
Rotate their first eleven.

Crewe recent form
25/09/21: Rotherham 1 - 1 Crewe.
21/09/21: Crewe 1 - 3 Morecambe.
18/09/21: Crewe 2 - 0 Burton.
11/09/21: Shrewsbury 1 - 1 Crewe.
28/08/21: Charlton 2 - 0 Crewe.
21/08/21: Crewe 0 - 1 Accrington.

The club will donate over 400 tickets to NHS workers for the match plus another 600 generated through a Crowdfunder scheme to make a total of 1,043 tickets for the NHS and to honour the NHS the club is encouraging Argyle fans to wear the colour blue to Home Park.

Adult tickets for the match start at just £12 in the lower Mayflower ... buy here.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Lord and Lugg were the first two I thought of but let's not forget Crudgie with 250 games for Crewe and 300 plus for us.
Lord was the centre forward in my first 2 seasons watching Argyle. I remember I was devastated when he broke his leg. He played about 100 games for Crewe scoring 60 odd goals but incredibly managed 8 hat tricks in that time.

Last edited:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Memories Saingin. I was there that night I'm sure. I remember Leicester, Northampton and Stoke on that run to the semi final. Think it was the 3-1 against Stoke he got the hat trick in and if I have the right game I saw a 49/50 year old Stanley Matthews on the wing for Stoke, right in front of me as in those days he hugged the touchline and I was as a 9 year old up against the fence at the front of the lower Mayflower.

Jan 11, 2016
Stanley Matthews played when Stoke won 1-0 in the League towards the end of the previous season. He didn't play when Frank Lord got his hat-trick. It's all a long time ago but it seems just as if it's yesterday!

We could do with a player like Frank Lord today - wholehearted and not without some real scoring talent.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yes it does in many ways. I remember the whole Argyle team from the 60s, the details of the first 7 or 8 Cup Finals I watched starting with West Ham 2 Preston 1, my first two phone numbers as a child but couldn't reel off an Argyle side from 4 or 5 years ago or who even won any ofthe last 5 or so Cup Finals and not a single phone number after those first two.

Reactions: Cousin Pavlos
Jan 30, 2016
i reckon that this will be another team who will park a bus in front of their goal.
I note several reports saying Argyle looked tired, so as Tuesday is rapid on us I wonder if Garrick an Agard will come on sooner than so late in the game. Agard looks a handful and I thought may have got more game time by now.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Both Danny Mayor and George Cooper have been training with the first team and could be considered for Tuesday evening’s game.

Reactions: saxman