Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Official website
Fans forum
Latest news
Twitter

Top v 10th.

Countdown to Bolton Wanderers

Due to the extra security checks and turnstiles not in use remember to allow plenty of time to get into the stadium.

Tuesday

Screenshot_20211019-125821_Twitter.jpg

With a big crowd expected the club open Lyndhurst blocks 17 and 18.

Antoni Sarcevic talks about his time at Argyle ... Manchester Evening News.

Bolton captain Antoni Sarcevic looks ahead to the game ... The Bolton News.

Bolton boss Ian Evatt says Argyle are top of the league for a reason .... The Bolton News.

The Greens have played Bolton a total of 15 times at Home Park, winning nine games, drawing one and losing five.
The last time Bolton visited Home Park was in September 1992 with Kevin Nugent and Dave Regis scoring the goals in a 2-1 win for the Pilgrims.
The Argyle team that day: Peter Shilton, Gary Poole, Keith Hill, Andy Morrison, Steve Morgan, Martin Barlow, Warren Joyce, Craig Skinner, Kevin Nugent, Dave Regis, Steve McCall. Sub: Marc Edworthy.

Bolton's last win at Home Park was in October 1975.

Monday

The match will now be streamed live on Argyle TV ...... full details.

To allow fans to build an atmosphere pre-match music will stop before the game ... club statement.

Bolton manager Ian Evatt looks ahead to the game and spoke about his touchline ban ... Manchester Evening News.

Fans are being urged to purchase tickets in advance ... here.
Screenshot_20211018-122607_Twitter.jpg
Tickets can be downloaded to your phone and scanned at the turnstile ... full details.

Bolton have so far sold 650 tickets for the game.

Bolton are investigating crowd trouble at their game against Wigan Athletic last Saturday ..
Bolton club website.

IFollow match passes are on sale to Bolton fans for £10. Argyle haven't yet put match passes on sale through Argyle TV.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are 29/20 to win, a Bolton win has odds of 7/4 and the draw is on offer at 9/4.

Match preview ... Sports Mole.

Sunday

Referee

Experienced Championship ref Keith Stroud is the man in the middle, so far this season he has issued 37 yellow cards and no reds in 10 games. He was last in charge of an Argyle game in September 2019 when the Greens drew 1-1 at Home Park against Bristol Rovers in an EFL Trophy game.
He will be assisted on Tuesday by Daniel Leach and Graham Kane while the fourth official is Scott Jackson.

They Played For Both
Antoni Sarcevic, Will Aimson, Gregg Wylde, Oscar Threlkeld, David Norris, Warren Joyce, Wayne Burnett, Hasney Aljofree, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Andy Kellett, Joe Mason, Gerry McElhinney, Craig Noone, Joe Riley, Peter Shilton. Any more?

Bolton stats analysis
Strengths

Attacking down the wings.
Creating long shot opportunities.
Creating chances using through balls.
Creating chances through individual skill.
Coming back from losing positions.
Finishing scoring chances.
Weaknesses
Avoiding offside.
Aerial duels.
Defending counter attacks.
Stopping opponents from creating chances.
Defending against skillful players.
Style of play
Possession football.
Short passes.
Attacking down the right.
Consistent first eleven.
Opponents play aggressively against them.

Bolton's recent league form
16/10/21: Bolton 0 - 4 Wigan.
09/10/21: Sheffield Wed 1 - 0 Bolton.
02/10/21: Bolton 2 - 1 Shrewsbury.
28/09/21: Charlton 1 - 4 Bolton.
25/09/21: Sunderland 1 - 0 Bolton.
18/09/21: Bolton 0 - 2 Rotherham.

Block 16 in the Lyndhurst stand and block G in the lower Mayflower have been reopened for the game, buy your tickets ... here.

Argyle's Tuesday night home league record over the last 10 seasons:
Played 40 - won 13, drawn 13, lost 14.
Ryan Lowe's Tuesday home league record:
Played 13 - won 4, drawn 4, lost 5.

The Greens have lost five games and drawn two from the last seven Tuesday night league games played at Home Park.

Bolton will be without three players for the game due to injury while former Pilgrims midfielder Antoni Sarcevic is playing through an injury ... The Bolton News.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WANDERERS are reeling from the news that Gethin Jones could be out for several weeks with a fractured leg.

The full-back was sent for scans last week after rolling his ankle in training and though he missed Saturday’s defeat to Wigan Athletic through suspension, he now faces a much longer spell on the side-lines.

He may also miss being able to play in his own fundraising game in November, where the current Bolton players are due to face an All-Star XI to raise money for MND treatment.
Added to that, Ian Evatt confirmed yesterday that both Kieran Lee and Declan John have picked up muscular injuries and are unlikely to face Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday night.
Captain Antoni Sarcevic played with an injury against Wigan – and may be asked to do so again at Home Park when he faces his former club.
Speaking on Saturday evening, Evatt told The Bolton News: “Gethin Jones has a fractured fibula and we don’t know how long that is going to be yet.
“Declan John hurt his groin on Thursday. The scan is positive but every injury is symptomatic and at the moment he is still sore.

“Kieran Lee has a sore glute. We felt like if we had played him we could have lost him for a significant period so we couldn’t take that risk.
“Antoni Sarcevic is playing with a pretty hefty ankle injury. And there are one or two others who are carrying knocks.
“This week hasn’t gone well for a whole host of reasons and it has probably been the worst time for it to happen but we will take the medicine. The fans are hurting, so are we, but we’ll regroup, strive to be better, because that is all we can do right now.”
To make matters worse, Ricardo Santos picked up his fifth league booking of the season - and will be suspended for the Plymouth game.
Evatt also picked up his own fourth yellow card of the season during the game against Wigan, which means he will be banned from the touchline.
The Bolton boss will not allowed to sit in the first two rows of seating at Home Park – and will leave assistant Peter Atherton and first team coach Sam Hird to direct operations in the dugout.
“That’s my own fault and that’s something that I have to look at as well. I shouldn’t be getting yellow carded as often as I do. I’m a young manager and I’ll have a look at that and try and be better,” he said.

Oct 31, 2015
I hear their manager is calling them the best team in league 1😳Ballsy call when your about to play Wigan.

Let's hope we wear white on Tuesday.

Aug 11, 2013
We really need to change our build up to this game. I might even go as far as changing the kit. Anything to exorcise this Tuesday night hoodoo. No wins at home in the league since November 2020 under the lights.
Didn’t we have a similar run under Luggy when for reasons of superstition we started with the orange kit on Tuesdays and our luck changed ? Or did I dream that?
Anything is worth a try !

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We really need to change our build up to this game. I might even go as far as changing the kit. Anything to exorcise this Tuesday night hoodoo. No wins at home in the league since November 2020 under the lights.
Didn’t we have a similar run under Luggy when for reasons of superstition we started with the orange kit on Tuesdays and our luck changed ? Or did I dream that?
Anything is worth a try !
Tangergreen!!

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
To beat the Tuesday night jinx I may park in Barn Park Road. I do this very sparingly, because it does guarantee a win.
Go for it, we need every small advantage we can get to remove this issue.

Reactions: arrythewurzel