Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumours

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
So 3 days to go til the window closes… what position would we need? Personally I’d like a right wing back that offers width and can deliver a good ball. Joe Edwards is 31 and is our only permanent RWB. I’m not counting Garrick as I prefer him as a striker.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can’t help but feel it’ll be the same as every other window.

Loads of phone calls from agents
Argyle only looking to improve
Missing out on targets
Missed out on targets
Loan window may add one or 2
May get a panic player in to bolster numbers, not adding anything different

Jul 12, 2016
Agree with Tugboat.We all get our hopes up, the anticipation keeps you interested then nowt!

Reactions: Cdp
Jun 27, 2019

Missing out on targets
Missed out on targets
That's what happens when you're competing with footballing behemoths like Rotherham and Fleetwood.

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Disagree, don’t spend for the sake of panic. We’ve got the basis of a good squad here, and, we can’t compete financially with so many clubs.

Aug 5, 2016

Missing out on targets
Missed out on targets
What positions do you objectively feel that we need strengthening in?

We've brought in Alfie Lewis to compete in midfield, and Crichlow to cover Galloway at CB.

Perhaps we need a RWB, otherwise why are we expecting big name blockbuster January signings?

Too much hype and expectation for no good reason if you ask me.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What positions do you objectively feel that we need strengthening in?

We've brought in Alfie Lewis to compete in midfield, and Crichlow to cover Galloway at CB.

Perhaps we need a RWB, otherwise why are we expecting big name blockbuster January signings?

Too much hype and expectation for no good reason if you ask me.
Maybe so but when SS says we are after additions we kind of expect something to better or atleast match what we already have.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Maybe so but when SS says we are after additions we kind of expect something to better or atleast match what we already have.
l think it’s only one more.

He was at senior greens yesterday and l was told he said he hoped one more.

Reactions: Tugboat

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Disagree, don’t spend for the sake of panic. We’ve got the basis of a good squad here, and, we can’t compete financially with so many clubs.
The basis yes, we are so close to the playoffs, a couple good signings and we kick on to cement a playoff place at least.
Although the goals have been there the last few games, a striker is what I would have liked to have seen. I like Harrison at Fleetwood who left Pompy, don't know if we went for him again after the summer but I liked him. Also some wingbacks who can cross. We do get crosses in but most of the time they are not great.
Although I would have liked to see some of the above, I really don't know who I would look at or whether our best best is a formation change to suit more what we already have.

Reactions: Hargyle

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
No, you got that wrong...YOU kind of expect.

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
So we are to get players in who will make team stronger/better than we have.
Is crithlow making us stronger or is he better than gillesphey ( I really don't know ive not seen him play and I know he's new to us not settled in yet etc). And I'd ask the same question about Lewis making us stronger or being better.

Alot of people also saying Clarke isn't good enough due to only playing in Ireland, now I don't know the standard but I didn't hear groaning when Lewis signed from the same league. Id also say Irish league is probably on par with league 1 at a guess ( maybe wrong) how many of our current crop have played higher than league 1 out of curiosity, and they are doing well in league 1.
Goals bring confidence and confidence brings goals as we know with Hardie.
I must admit I'm slightly disappointed we missed out on Clarke to a degree. Unfortunately I'm not confident we will bring anyone in who is better than what we have or will improve the team as I see us just getting another young loan kid. Rather than players with experience or proven at scoring goals which we all know is a hard thing to acquire in January.
Hope I'm proved wrong
Coyg

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
So 3 days to go til the window closes… what position would we need? Personally I’d like a right wing back that offers width and can deliver a good ball. Joe Edwards is 31 and is our only permanent RWB. I’m not counting Garrick as I prefer him as a striker.
It doesn't close...it slams shut! :) :)

Edwards is positively geriatric then at 31! Surprised he manages to make it to the pitchside without the use of a Zimmer frame!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
No, you got that wrong...YOU kind of expect.
So when the manager says we are looking to add both permanent and loan additions no one else except ME expects?

Your hard work sometimes

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
So when the manager says we are looking to add both permanent and loan additions no one else except ME expects?

Your hard work sometimes
You're!

No, you're the one that's hard work. You are constantly making disparaging remarks on anything that the club does.

I do wonder why you actually bother!

Reactions: David Doidge

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
You're!

No, you're the one that's hard work. You are constantly making disparaging remarks on anything that the club does.

I do wonder why you actually bother!
Well done to you. I can see how you made it to the dizzy heights of being a Mod now being on the spelling and grammar police board.

Really proud moment