Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 56 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Apr 30, 2011
Conor Wickham has been made available on a free transfer, and he adds a lot of height and strength to any team 👀
I've always liked him. If it wasn't for injuries, I think he would have had a good Premier league career. Think how far ahead of Ashley Barnes he was at 21 years old.

If the wages were right and we could keep him fit (if he's our plan B or brought in for particular games that need a more direct style) then he could definitely be an asset to us.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Apparently we are interested in bringing Tottenham striker Kion Etete on loan. He is 6ft 6 and played some of last season on loan at Cheltenham

Reactions: David Doidge
Sep 2, 2008
I’d rather see Anthony Scully here. Brought into Lincoln by Appleton but now he’s gone, I wonder if Scully is getting itchy feet. He’s got a year to do on his Contract so would cost but he’s helluva player. Good engine and would do an excellent job for us at RWB

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’d rather see Anthony Scully here. Brought into Lincoln by Appleton but now he’s gone, I wonder if Scully is getting itchy feet. He’s got a year to do on his Contract so would cost but he’s helluva player. Good engine and would do an excellent job for us at RWB

Scully is a decent player. 👍

Oct 14, 2015
I've always liked him. If it wasn't for injuries, I think he would have had a good Premier league career. Think how far ahead of Ashley Barnes he was at 21 years old.

If the wages were right and we could keep him fit (if he's our plan B or brought in for particular games that need a more direct style) then he could definitely be an asset to us.
I thought he was going to be a cracking player but injuries have really hampered him. Previous experience with players who appear injury prone haven’t really worked out well for us so although he might bring something different to the table for our attacking options I’d be more worried that he’d spend more time on the physios table. It could be an expensive risk with his wages

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yes, sadly due to his injury record Wickham is not the answer. After debuting for Ipswich 11 days past his 16th birthday he has only managed just over 200 appearances/part appearances in a 13 year career and only 44 career goals. An average of 16 games and 3 goals a season would be a high risk for us.

Jul 12, 2016

He might have been far ahead of Ashley Barnes once but he is now 29 ,injury prone and has hardly set the world alight with MK Dons. Can’t see how he would fit in.