Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
There are more affordable players that can do a job over Carey. Yes he was/is a very good player but why would he uproot again to move all the way back to Devon for a 12 month contract. And why would the club invest in a player that has very little value in terms of revenue.

I think he’ll go MLS way for a 2 year deal. And good on him.
MLS is a good shout!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
More of a suggestion that anything else, but now that Notts County have been eliminated from the play offs in National League, I can see clubs coming in for Rodrigues. Only seen him a couple of times but he's looked pretty handy. Wonder if we could be interested in him? Can play attacking midfield and as a forward, and has plenty of goals in him.

Last edited:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Carey was a great player. In Argyle’s past.

Where would he play in our current system?

We need mobile players. Especially in midfield.

LWB

Aug 5, 2016
Carey and Ladapo? 🤣
Two players who got relegated with Argyle from this division then couldn't wait to scarper?
Nahhhh mate
Could have scarpered after two years if he was that disloyal, he would have had serious offers at that time.

After four years the manager that signed him had been sacked, Argyle were going down to League Two, the other good players were going, a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room, an uncertain future for the club and a very good offer to play overseas and get more money.

Not fair to blame Carey for taking up the offer of European football alongside a good pay rise instead of staying at a relegated club who had just sacked the manager who built the team around him.

Aug 17, 2005
I will throw a name in if we lose camara. Onni valkarri, I thunk I have the spelling right. Finnish international aged 22 currently playing in Cyprus.

Reactions: NLG

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Could have scarpered after two years if he was that disloyal, he would have had serious offers at that time.

After four years the manager that signed him had been sacked, Argyle were going down to League Two, the other good players were going, a toxic atmosphere in the dressing room, an uncertain future for the club and a very good offer to play overseas and get more money.

Not fair to blame Carey for taking up the offer of European football alongside a good pay rise instead of staying at a relegated club who had just sacked the manager who built the team around him.

But apparently he was set to sign for one club and asked them for two weeks off right away, they said no so he decided to stay

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
I will throw a name in if we lose camara. Onni valkarri, I thunk I have the spelling right. Finnish international aged 22 currently playing in Cyprus.
Like the look of this fella, young, scores goals, maybe affordable.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Aug 5, 2016

Is it likely we'd navigate around the post-Brexit criteria for signing a Finnish player? I'd have thought his application for a visa will be denied.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Carey and Ladapo? 🤣
Two players who got relegated with Argyle from this division then couldn't wait to scarper?
Nahhhh mate
Putting Lapado and Carey in the same bracket for Argyle?

Nahh mate.