Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

May 18, 2016
The majority of these are players at or coming towards the end of their careers, where they can no longer justify their high salaries or keep their place in a Championship team. Tom Huddlestone for example has been a terrific player, but they are really looking for a last hurrah and maybe a couple of years to fill up their pension pots. I can see we might have room for one senior professional who can be signed without a transfer fee and who could mentor the younger players and maybe play 60 minutes of a game once a week. Bring back Scott Sinclair? In reality, it would be better to be a midfielder, where a lack of pace isn't such an issue.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree with Balham Green.
I think to progress further next season in what is going to be a massively competitive league we are going to really have to up our squad standard & with the understandably self imposed wage constraints we are under at the moment i cant see this happening

Jan 11, 2009
With Wendies, Ipswich and possibly Mackems in league 1 next season , along with the relegated clubs, I cant see us being of interest to many of them. A few may move sideways in L1. Gets harder each year as the Prem shuts its doors apart from a few bench warmers or loan outers.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
You don’t shop in Harrods if you can’t afford it
Depends if you just want to purchase the carrier bag to look as if you shop in Harrods…

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Agree with Balham Green.
I think to progress further next season in what is going to be a massively competitive league we are going to really have to up our squad standard & with the understandably self imposed wage constraints we are under at the moment i cant see this happening
Yep I have some concern that having over achieved relative to our puny budget ( if what I have read on here is correct ) that we will struggle to do it all over again. Whilst mid table would be a fair outcome, I can see there being a lot of grumpy posters on here if thats what we achieve.
Hopefully with a larger budget we over achieve again, if not. there has to be doubt as to whether we can make the playoffs.
Thank goodness we are not having to bed in a new management team. Shuey and co. could be our trump card.

Reactions: David Doidge
Nov 18, 2011
I agree that loans may be the way to go but it can be where our location puts us at a disadvantage as sometimes parent clubs like their loan players to be situated nearby.

It's about making Argyle an attractive destination for on loan players, this is where having top class facilities or having a track record of playing loan players helps.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Bigger so called clubs could have a bigger budget than us by a country mile & blatantly sign shed loads of players in the quest of promotion but it does not guarantee success
We have to be prudent with the budget we have allocated & probably think out of the box when it comes to recruitment
Some posters have mentioned premier league loanees- we have been their once before & look at how that situation unravelled
MK Dons had quality premiership loanees this season & still missed out
I have faith the management will get the targets that will enhance what we have - if other clubs in the league want to adopt the boom & bust attitude then so be it
That is not what we are about- we overachieved the season just gone- whats to say we are not going to do the same this coming season

Reactions: Granby Green

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
If your realistic, you will understand that we over achieved last season.

That a top 10 finish next season will be excellent.

The goal for me next season should be to play better attacking football than we did this season.

If we can’t compete, then entertainment is the next best thing. If we lose, go down fighting by having a go.

I remember watching Cambridge Utd verus Wigan on a game on SKY towards the end of the season. They haven’t got a better budget than us but they were getting crosses into the box and asking questions of Wigan.

Reactions: Sidewinder
Feb 8, 2019
Every championship player currently a free agent.
Some decent ones in there!

Marlon Pack would be an ideal Pan replacement. From what I remember he’s a decent box to box midfielder. Probably a few miles left in the tank at 31 too.

Reactions: up the line