✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I see there names on the front page, but where have we been linked with Aaron Pierre, Grant Ward & Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain?

EFL HUB ⚜️
@efl_hub

✍️
Plymouth Argyle, Shrewsbury Town, Mansfield Town & Hartlepool United have registered interest in signing Aldershot Town midfielder Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain, this summer. #PAFC #Salop #MTFC #HUFC #EFL_HUB

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Whoever walks through the door his there because they tick all the boxes & will enhance what we already have - i am looking forward to seeing who these players are
I have no time for social media tittle tattle or clickbait- i shall just await #incoming on Argyle's twitter feed
Best keep off this transfer rumour thread then. :)

Mind you I'm the same opinion as you. I've got no time for rumours so I'm surprised I clicked on the thread. :ROFLMAO:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I don’t care where they are from. Or what their past history is with other clubs.

Its whether they actually fit in our system and are they better than what we have.

Argyle need two wing backs who can beat a person on the flanks. They need two energetic CM’s so you can play a Houghton at CDM. Having Mayor and Houghton in CM leaves us exposed.

They need a forward who can link the midfield up with the rest of the team.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Dont be surprised if he ends up signing for Watford......the FGR manager is heading to Vicarage Rd as new mgr.
I suspect the decent FGR players may get an approach to follow mgr.
I'd be quite surprised if Cadden went to Watford - he's good, and I'd take him at Argyle in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't have said he's 'challenging for promotion to the Prem' good.

Isn’t Cadden a left wing back? I think it would make sense being linked with him.

If you look at FGR’s system they been playing with wing backs and both are out of contract.
He's certainly more of an attacking LWB and played mostly as a LW at his time at Ayr and (?) Morton. Whether Edwards fully converted him to LWB at FGR or whether it was a 'needs must' situation I'm not sure.

Oct 10, 2012
I see there names on the front page, but where have we been linked with Aaron Pierre, Grant Ward & Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain?
Twitter trash talk shouldn’t count as us being linked with players. See plenty of Argyle fans on twitter wanting Jorge Grant. You just know in a month or so people will say we was linked with him 🤦‍♂️

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I see that we’ve left the 30s behind now. 25 is now the new “old” , or does that just apply to Garrick?

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Twitter trash talk shouldn’t count as us being linked with players. See plenty of Argyle fans on twitter wanting Jorge Grant. You just know in a month or so people will say we was linked with him 🤦‍♂️
As a replacement for Camara Jorge Grant would be a decent candidate. Maybe not box to box like Pan but a good attacking midfielder with goals in him.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Isn't Garrick currently 23???
signalspast said:
Thing is garrick is 25 next month so will he now improve that much
WoodsyGreen:

Exactly.

Anyone coming in should improve our squad; be better than what we already have. Garrick was a bit-part player in a squad that won a single game out of 12 against the top six. We need better.

Reactions: Keithwin

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
WoodsyGreen:

Exactly.

Anyone coming in should improve our squad; be better than what we already have. Garrick was a bit-part player in a squad that won a single game out of 12 against the top six. We need better.

But Garrick is still young and I believe he'll be even better next season.

Reactions: ming the merciless

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
But Garrick is still young and I believe he'll be even better next season.
I agree. All I did was to quote what others had written about him being too old at 25 (I know he's 23). A year ago, 30 was deemed to be ancient and worthy of drawing the OAP. I suppose it all depends on which particular player's turn it is in the barrel! :)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I'm really liking our policy of trying to get talented younger players that we may or may not pay a fee for and then look to develop them so we either keep a really good player or sell them for the money to go back into the pot to buy new players. Seems to be similar to how Peterborough have operated, which has been quite successful for them over the years.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I agree. All I did was to quote what others had written about him being too old at 25 (I know he's 23). A year ago, 30 was deemed to be ancient and worthy of drawing the OAP. I suppose it all depends on which particular player's turn it is in the barrel! :)
If you can't criticise someone for being 'past it', you have to get creative and claim that they'll probably never 'reach it'!
all based on your 'expertise' in elite sport!
Tiresome tbh!
In Schuey + his 'assistants' I trust! (y)

Reactions: David Doidge