Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 66 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Sorry I’m late, had some car trouble! Anyway here I am to put you all out of your misery and to congratulate all those who got there before me this time. Mikel Miller will sign, to be announced “imminently” expect tonight but could be tomorrow.
So come on Moleman , who's next?

Jul 12, 2016
I get that you may have the opinion of Mayor not being a great player because he’s the enigmatic type (so some will love him and other less so), but you seriously think Conor Grant isn’t a good player?? Amazing if true imo. To me he’s probably been our most consistent player over the last 2 seasons.
I have never rated Grant for the reasons I have already stated. Like Mayor he can be excellent but too often is anonymous .I wouldn’t lose any sleep if both left. Give me a player like Joe Edwards any day of the week. He always gives 100%.

Sep 6, 2006
I have never rated Grant for the reasons I have already stated. Like Mayor he can be excellent but too often is anonymous .I wouldn’t lose any sleep if both left. Give me a player like Joe Edwards any day of the week. He always gives 100%.
Never seen Grant not give 100%. Edwards can be 'anonymous' at times also. Even Messi can be at times! It's not possible to always be at the centre of a game.

Jan 2, 2020
Personally think Grant is a very poor left wing back. Maybe better suited in midfield as he is a good striker of the ball but he cannot take on a man and I find 9/10 his crosses to be pretty poor. Not worried in the slightest if he goes - obviously just my opinion and could be proven wrong but the new lad looks a major upgrade and a proper winger / wingback.

Reactions: Tonka and oldage

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Grant reminds me of Hourihane. Both could strike a ball. Sometimes l feel that there is a directness missing from both of them.

It wasn’t until Sheridan came that we saw the best of Hourihane as before this he felt like he played with the safety break on. And that is how l feel about Grant. There are times he hits a peach of a shot but consistently l feel he doesn’t get involved enough as the game passes him by.

That doesn’t mean l think Grant is a bad player. But at wing back, when we have two forwards looking for balls in the box it’s frustrating to see Grant struggles, without Mayor’s influence, to supply them.

Id like to see Grant at LWB with Argyle playing the double pivot. Then he would have more help. In a 3-1-4-2 he is isolated and his lack of pace or engine means he doesn’t get involved enough for my likening.

You look at Sessengon. I think people will say he had a reasonable impact. Look at his traits. His engine and his ability to beat a player on the outside.

One of the things Schumacher said about signing Miller was his directness. Unfortunately, Grant just doesn’t have these traits to consistently perform at LWB.

Jan 2, 2020
Grant reminds me of Hourihane. Both could strike a ball. Sometimes l feel that there is a directness missing from both of them.

It wasn’t until Sheridan came that we saw the best of Hourihane as before this he felt like he played with the safety break on. And that is how l feel about Grant. There are times he hits a peach of a shot but consistently l feel he doesn’t get involved enough as the game passes him by.

That doesn’t mean l think Grant is a bad player. But at wing back, when we have two forwards looking for balls in the box it’s frustrating to see Grant struggles, without Mayor’s influence, to supply them.

Id like to see Grant at LWB with Argyle playing the double pivot. Then he would have more help. In a 3-1-4-2 he is isolated and his lack of pace or engine means he doesn’t get involved enough for my likening.

You look at Sessengon. I think people will say he had a reasonable impact. Look at his traits. His engine and his ability to beat a player on the outside.

One of the things Schumacher said about signing Miller was his directness. Unfortunately, Grant just doesn’t have these traits to consistently perform at LWB.
Sessengon and Miller down either flank is a scary, scary prospect for any league 1 defence. Make it happen Argyle.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Sessengon and Miller down either flank is a scary, scary prospect for any league 1 defence. Make it happen Argyle.

You could play Edwards in Camara’s position, should he leave.

That then gives you the same energy. With a person l think will get more goals from that position.

Reactions: leeroy221

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
You could play Edwards in Camara’s position, should he leave.

That then gives you the same energy. With a person l think will get more goals from that position.
Edwards can’t carry the ball forward like Pan can.

It’s deceiving just how much ground he travels with the ball. Not easy to replicate

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Edwards can’t carry the ball forward like Pan can.

It’s deceiving just how much ground he travels with the ball. Not easy to replicate

But then who can?

What Edwards will give you is a press and late runs into the box.

Its going to be very difficult to find a very similar player to Camara.

You listen to Schumacher’s first day back in pre-season. He was asked about Butcher. The interesting thing was they had a 1500 metres exercise and l think he won it. Which says to me he can possibly get around the pitch. But will have to see in person.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
But then who can?

What Edwards will give you is a press and late runs into the box.

Its going to be very difficult to find a very similar player to Camara.

You listen to Schumacher’s first day back in pre-season. He was asked about Butcher. The interesting thing was they had a 1500 metres exercise and l think he won it. Which says to me he can possibly get around the pitch. But will have to see in person.
Good if Butcher won the 1,500, will make the existing lads l try harder to beat the new boy… 👍👍

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Good if Butcher won the 1,500, will make the existing lads l try harder to beat the new boy… 👍👍

Until we see him, we won’t know but makes me want to see him, Camara, Miller and Edwards in the team now.

If we do bring in another RWB and a Forward l think it’s a good window. Will need though to replace Grant / Camara or both in midfield if they go.