Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If the rumours are true then Grant and Wilson are injured and I didn't see Bolton in the pre-season training photos, if so that's currently 17 fit players for the Parkway game not including the youngsters.

We still need a third keeper, I don't know how the club will handle that because McCormick didn't actually play and was more involved in the training.
Lewis and Galloway being fit will be like two new signings.

So overall there's still plenty to happen before the transfer window 'slams shut' on 1st September.

Feb 9, 2021
Grant is versatile, can play in Houghton's position or further forward, or of course LWB. He has an engine, reads the game well, rarely gives the ball away and is a leader. Every dressing room needs more than 1 leader. If he moved on, he'd be a huge loss and very difficult to replace
I'm a huge fan of Joe and Conner as I've made clear of many occasions and I pick up on your point that Grant seems to be very popular around HP
However I find it really strange that one of our players has had a very serious operation on his groin and the club have not let us fans know so we can wish him a speedy recovery like we have with Brendon James etc
Apparently he played half the season with his tendon detached from his groin!
If this is true then I think the club have been disrespectful to Grant as in my eyes he always does his best and is a valued member of the squad and to play with an injury like that says everything about his character

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm a huge fan of Joe and Conner as I've made clear of many occasions and I pick up on your point that Grant seems to be very popular around HP
However I find it really strange that one of our players has had a very serious operation on his groin and the club have not let us fans know so we can wish him a speedy recovery like we have with Brendon James etc
Apparently he played half the season with his tendon detached from his groin!
If this is true then I think the club have been disrespectful to Grant as in my eyes he always does his best and is a valued member of the squad and to play with an injury like that says everything about his character
IF what you suggest is true it is surely very likely that the decisions on how much information to put into the public domain are mutually agreed between the player and the club. The way you write about things makes it sound as if the club view the players simply as assets that they own and do whatever they like with. I am sure that isn’t the case. Perhaps Grant would prefer to be left to get on with his recovery/training in peace without everyone questioning what progress he is making all the time.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
If the rumours are true then Grant and Wilson are injured and I didn't see Bolton in the pre-season training photos, if so that's currently 17 fit players for the Parkway game not including the youngsters.

We still need a third keeper, I don't know how the club will handle that because McCormick didn't actually play and was more involved in the training.
Lewis and Galloway being fit will be like two new signings.

So overall there's still plenty to happen before the transfer window 'slams shut' on 1st September.

From a photo club out up on Twitter looks like a goalkeeper could be training with us

Jan 12, 2020
David Kasumu, has so far refused to sign a new deal at MKDons

Believe he was the fellow that caused us a lot of problems down their right wing on that infamous day....

Kasumu/ miller on the wings ? That would be interesting....
Would go to a championship club I would’ve thought. He’s long been talked about as a promising talent.

Reactions: Railway sleeper

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Why do people put 2x2 together and come up with 5?????
maybe we’ve signed Miller as a replacement for Cooper it’s not all about Grant

That's quite likely that Argyle knew about Cooper leaving for a while and have been keeping tabs on Miller. Both are attack minded left sided players.

Reactions: Qoo3939L
Jul 12, 2016
That’s a big loss in my opinion, as he performed very well last year. Also from watching those player interviews last season I also got the impressions Conor was a key member of the dressing room make everyone laugh so I can imagine he will missed there too.
He may be a comedian but what’s that got to do with being a good player?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
He may be a comedian but what’s that got to do with being a good player?
I get that you may have the opinion of Mayor not being a great player because he’s the enigmatic type (so some will love him and other less so), but you seriously think Conor Grant isn’t a good player?? Amazing if true imo. To me he’s probably been our most consistent player over the last 2 seasons.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
That’s a big loss in my opinion, as he performed very well last year. Also from watching those player interviews last season I also got the impressions Conor was a key member of the dressing room make everyone laugh so I can imagine he will missed there too.
That just shows he is a real Scouser. When I lived in Liverpool it was mostly laugh a minute.

Reactions: Allanon