Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I will throw a name in if we lose camara. Onni valkarri, I thunk I have the spelling right. Finnish international aged 22 currently playing in Cyprus.

Don't know much about Onni Valakari, but he's 6ft 2, is a full Finnish international having got 9 full caps for his country scoring 1 goal (and that was against world champions France https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54892115).

He's a left footed attacking midfielder and scored 15 goals from 38 matches last season for Pafos in Cypriot first division. Seems he knows where the net is. Good age at 22 at the moment. He's just gone into his last year of his contract at Pafos so we'd have to pay a fee probably, but I'd guess we could afford him - Might be worth a look for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knibbsworth

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Is it likely we'd navigate around the post-Brexit criteria for signing a Finnish player? I'd have thought his application for a visa will be denied.

Finland are 57th in the world. I know that used to be a consideration, when we signed Jason Bent many years ago.

This summarises what it would require for us to be able to sign an overseas player - we'd need to reach 15 points to be able to complete a move.

Using Valakari as an example it's good that he's already represented his country 9 times at a fairly young age - so it might not be impossible to sign a player such as him, and also his father is Scottish so I think should we want him then a deal could be done..

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
Don't know much about Onni Valakari, but he's 6ft 2, is a full Finnish international having got 9 full caps for his country scoring 1 goal (and that was against world champions France https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54892115).

He's a left footed attacking midfielder and scored 15 goals from 38 matches last season for Pafos in Cypriot first division. Seems he knows where the net is. Good age at 22 at the moment. He's just gone into his last year of his contract at Pafos so we'd have to pay a fee probably, but I'd guess we could afford him - Might be worth a look for sure.
Why would we want to sign a player that has finished! We have had too many of those over the years , West, Mcnamee etc

Reactions: Mark Northcott

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Is it likely we'd navigate around the post-Brexit criteria for signing a Finnish player? I'd have thought his application for a visa will be denied.
Think he is an international player so shouldn't be an issue.

Apr 1, 2009
Finland are 57th in the world. I know that used to be a consideration, when we signed Jason Bent many years ago.

This summarises what it would require for us to be able to sign an overseas player - we'd need to reach 15 points to be able to complete a move.

Using Valakari as an example it's good that he's already represented his country 9 times at a fairly young age - so it might not be impossible to sign a player such as him, and also his father is Scottish so I think should we want him then a deal could be done..
Clan Valakari is very well known in the Highlands! What are you talking about? Father is not Scottish. However son was born in Scotland during Dad's spell at Motherwell.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Clan Valakari is very well known in the Highlands! What are you talking about? Father is not Scottish. However son was born in Scotland during Dad's spell at Motherwell.
That’s what I meant.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Plymouth Argyle have been linked with a move for Leicester City youngster Callum Wright, who has had such a fine season with League One rivals Cheltenham Town, according to reports. The 22-year-old is out of contract with the Premier League club this summer and it remains to be seen if he will be offered fresh terms to remain with the Foxes.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Plymouth Argyle have been linked with a move for Leicester City youngster Callum Wright, who has had such a fine season with League One rivals Cheltenham Town, according to reports. The 22-year-old is out of contract with the Premier League club this summer and it remains to be seen if he will be offered fresh terms to remain with the Foxes.

5ft 8in Right footed with reputation as goal scoring midfielder. Was captain of Leicester’s u23 side 9 goals from 28 appearances last season for Cheltenham isn’t shabby at all.

May 8, 2011
As he is 22 won’t Leicester offer him a contract so that even if he rejects it they would be entitled to compensation from the Club he hopes to sign for?