Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 135 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Jul 28, 2020
I'm sure the transfer window is only open for league players moving into non-league, not vice-versa.
I can’t get hold of the regulations in full, unfortunately. But from reading Wikipedia ( for what it’s worth) “Transfer window” see “ current schedules and exemptions” para 6, it seems that loan transfers between the EFL- National league premier division may still be allowed until 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November….

It’s about as clear as mud, to translate some of those regulations…. and that’s merely my interpretation…. And I certainly stand to be corrected by anybody who knows better….

However, if I’m right I’m thinking that signing a proven national league striker on loan until January may be a good option.

What would be in it for the National League side - to release, probably, their star player ? Good question- and I guess it would depend upon the terms of the loan being sufficiently beneficial . And of course, if the player was of a certain age, I guess they wouldn’t want to stand in the player’s way…..

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I can’t get hold of the regulations in full, unfortunately. But from reading Wikipedia ( for what it’s worth) “Transfer window” see “ current schedules and exemptions” para 6, it seems that loan transfers between the EFL- National league premier division may still be allowed until 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November….

It’s about as clear as mud, to translate some of those regulations…. and that’s merely my interpretation…. And I certainly stand to be corrected by anybody who knows better….

However, if I’m right I’m thinking that signing a proven national league striker on loan until January may be a good option.

What would be in it for the National League side - to release, probably, their star player ? Good question- and I guess it would depend upon the terms of the loan being sufficiently beneficial . And of course, if the player was of a certain age, I guess they wouldn’t want to stand in the player’s way…..
EFL teams can loan TO the National League but not FROM

Jun 27, 2021
Yes very, it’s a signing that was def needed and I feel more confident in him than the young Bobby lad

May 17, 2012
And... relax.

Is everyone happy now?
We’ll see. Still a bit light around the pitch. Agard looks good on paper but we’ve seen this before with best years behind them strikers coming here - church, nardiello etc- let’s hope agard breaks the mould. 🤞

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We’ll see. Still a bit light around the pitch. Agard looks good on paper but we’ve seen this before with best years behind them strikers coming here - church, nardiello etc- let’s hope agard breaks the mould. 🤞

take your point but on paper Agard is a better goalscorer than the two you’ve mentioned. My question is how fit is he?

Reactions: Sideline Sam
Sep 15, 2012
Christ if I was a player and agreed to come and help out and read this
I’d think, Bloody Hell what have I let myself in for, I’ve been hung, drawn and quartered before I’ve even kicked a ball, all I can say is
Welcome to the Green Army go and show all the doubters their all wrong

Last edited:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Christ if I was a player and agreed to come and help out and read this
I’d think, Bloody Hell what have I let myself in for, I’ve been hung, drawn and quartered before I’ve even kicked a ball, all I can say is
Welcome to the Green Army go and show all the doubters their all wrong
I’d say from the general consensus is that Agard is a good signing I’d say.

Reactions: Qoo3939L