• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
It appears some people are like a dog with a bone

Leave RL alone to find the elusive right fit

There are reasons why he has chosen to sign certain players because they are versatile & can play in numerous positions RL is trying to maximise the budget he has & does not want to make an error of judgement which might leave us financially worst off come January

The last thing we need is to panic sign & see the wages being paid going down the drain - because once a player signs we will not be able to ask for his wages back if it goes t***s up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Your theory that Lowe wants Garrick to be our back up centre forward is looking increasingly flawed.

Garrick comes on to replace Edwards at RWB because Edwards has tired, you say.

So then what happens when Hardie or Jephcott, or both, also need replacing because they too are tiring?

You can't call Garrick off the bench because he's already been brought on as a RWB. So we're left with one solitary option - an 18 year old who's at least a season's loan in non-league away from being ready for this kind of impact role.

Incidentally, the impact sub role could be the match winner, the edge the side needs to swing the match. Sometimes it can be the most crucial role of the whole match. It's not to be underestimated.

Where did I say Edwards had tired? You’re trying to nit pick and say things that I’ve never said.

You seem desperate to show that Lowe can’t play Garrick as a forward even though our manager has said he can play that position and Garrick has clearly played up front before for 2 other clubs before joining us.

Reactions: DartPilgrim

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
It appears some people are like a dog with a bone

Leave RL alone to find the elusive right fit

There are reasons why he has chosen to sign certain players because they are versatile & can play in numerous positions RL is trying to maximise the budget he has & does not want to make an error of judgement which might leave us financially worst off come January

The last thing we need is to panic sign & see the wages being paid going down the drain - because once a player signs we will not be able to ask for his wages back if it goes t***s up

Anyone remember that defender that we signed from Valence in 2000?
Never got a sniff of a game in defence for us.
Bad signing I guess, bad judgement by Luggy!! 😁

Reactions: The Doctor
Mar 16, 2009
London
Where did I say Edwards had tired ?

Irrelevent. You surmised he was ineffective in a previous post, and had to be replaced.

So even your pedantry can't save your theory, because whatever the reason, Lowe swaps Edwards for our back up RWB, Garrick.

Which means someone else is fulfilling the role of impact forward.

Somewhat unfairly given his youth and inexperience, this vital role falls to Shirley, because there is no-one else available.

With Ennis now out until at least November by the sound of it - this problem will not go away, and it simply amplifies the inept failure to bolster our depleted forward options during the summer,

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone remember that defender that we signed from Valence in 2000?
Never got a sniff of a game in defence for us.
Bad signing I guess, bad judgement by Luggy!! 😁
Daveeeed!!

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Sep 6, 2006
Where did I say Edwards had tired? You’re trying to nit pick and say things that I’ve never said.

You seem desperate to show that Lowe can’t play Garrick as a forward even though our manager has said he can play that position and Garrick has clearly played up front before for 2 other clubs before joining us.
Well he's not in a hurry to play him there is he? I would have thought he would want to wrap Hardie and Jephcott in cotton wool not play them so late in the game when injuries are more likely due to tiredness.

Sep 6, 2006
Jeez your hellbent on negating Garrick as any CF option aren’t you.

Well, here’s rye thing… considering Lowe (who by the way is the manager of the football club and kind of has a say in what players play where) has stated Garrick CAN BE AN OPTION FOR PLAYING CF…. I dismiss you rather tedious and flawed opinion that Garrick cannot be played upfront.

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
Course it wouldn't have anything at all to do with Lowe covering for his lack of signing by pretending he already has a striker would it? If Lowe said it it MUST be correct.

Reactions: Justin
Jul 28, 2020
Ennis is out until late October or early November and it's not guaranteed he'll return by then, that's a minimum of 10 league matches plus the five he's already missed.

It's a huge burden on Jephcott or Hardie who are both young, Jephcott is playing in only his second full season in the league and faded towards the end of last season.

Shirley is only 18 and is yet to play a full league game, in normal circumstances he would have been nurtured and possibly 5th choice striker or gone out on loan.
How about a “cheeky” bid for young Michael at Bromley

The transfer window is still open for non- league players- correct ?

Cheek has been a 1 in 2 man throughout his career, and was in the vanarama nationwide team of the year last season- finishing top scorer in the nationwide league

Albeit I’m a “YouTube” scout- I like the look of this fellow - very tynanesque,has the knack of being in the right place at the right time, and his penalty placement is a thing of Beauty …

Not too worried about his age bearing in mind Barry Hayles moved to the gas aged 27……

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm sure the transfer window is only open for league players moving into non-league, not vice-versa.

Reactions: Drake
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I M H O this thread is becoming a tad tedious. RL is being slated because he did not manage to sign a particular striker that he would have liked because of a failure on the last day of the transfer window. How many of us have been waiting to hear from our solicitor / conveyance to learn that contracts have been successfully exchanged only to get a call to discover the proposed property purchase has fallen through. We are disappointed but we move on. It is the same with football transfers with the expression 'there is many a slip between cup and lip' being very apt. Given Harrison's recent hat trick for Portsmouth, it is all understandable that they already had decided at the last moment that he was god enough and worth keeping on their wage roll which they could afford. Look forward and be blessed with the current squad members.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Course it wouldn't have anything at all to do with Lowe covering for his lack of signing by pretending he already has a striker would it? If Lowe said it it MUST be correct.
I’m far more comfortable taking an opinion from a professional EFL league manager who a) knows more about the game of football than many on here and 2) trains the players of whom he has his opinions on and receives collective information through a magnitude of experienced Personnal within the community of football.

Feb 8, 2005
Your theory that Lowe wants Garrick to be our back up centre forward is looking increasingly flawed.

Garrick comes on to replace Edwards at RWB because Edwards has tired, you say.

So then what happens when Hardie or Jephcott, or both, also need replacing because they too are tiring?

You can't call Garrick off the bench because he's already been brought on as a RWB. So we're left with one solitary option - an 18 year old who's at least a season's loan in non-league away from being ready for this kind of impact role.

Incidentally, the impact sub role could be the match winner, the edge the side needs to swing the match. Sometimes it can be the most crucial role of the whole match. It's not to be underestimated.
Most of our players fit into more than one position. Lowe puts on a replacement who either takes over from Garrick (RWB) or replaces a midfielder who goes RWB, which allows Garrick to go up front. Simples.
You are trying to make this too difficult.

Mar 14, 2009
Isn‘t one of the characteristics of a lower league manager to adapt with the squad they have?

You will get injuries and suspensions. At this level you don’t have the money to replace players. So you utilise your squad. He has other options, than forwards.

Reactions: Ray Stidwell