Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 130 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Mar 16, 2009
London
Where do you get your defining evidence that Jordon Garrick has never played as a centre forward before Justin ? I have just had a look at his transfermrkt page and apparently he has played 20 times as a centre forward.

Ok, well assuming that's accurate it's of course wrong of me to say he's never played there - one or two manager's may well have experimented with having him play centre forward. And then ditched the experiment, as he's been pretty soon been moved back out to the right hand side. Because he's not a centre forward, and Lowe's system is so proudly rigid that a centre forward within it needs to be an expert in that role.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
When has he ever deviated from playing 2 centre forwards?
He’s played Broom up front in the ‘hole ‘ this season already.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ok, well assuming that's accurate it's of course wrong of me to say he's never played there - one or two manager's may well have experimented with having him play centre forward. And then ditched the experiment, as he's been pretty soon been moved back out to the right hand side. Because he's not a centre forward, and Lowe's system is so proudly rigid that a centre forward within it needs to be an expert in that role.
To me Garrick is a younger replacement for Byron Moore - he played 2 positions:- up front and also wing back.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
You appear to assume a great deal about Jordon Garrick and the various managers he has played under Justin , looking at his playing stats , centre forward appears to be his secondary position not just the odd throw of the dice from a desperate manager . He has also played at right wing ( his primary position ) 36 games , left wing 11 games , right midfield 2 games and right back , defensive midfield and attacking midfield 1 game each .
He appears to be a viable option to play at centre forward either as an in game change or as a starter when required and not a square peg in a round hole , which would appear to be the scenario you are suggesting .

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Byron Moore's name has been mentioned a few times and whilst I completely understand why he was released and felt his performance levels really dropped off last season, this does show the value in having a player like him in the squad. He'd be pretty useful at the moment.

Reactions: Penmaster
Jul 28, 2020
I gather different rules apply to vanarama national league sides, after the close of the league transfer window. ?

Grimsby live ( 8.9. 21) is reporting on a possible return to Grimsby Town of former striker Omar Bogle, on loan from Doncaster.

Richie Wellens is apparently keen to loan the striker out to a non- league side

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Now the summer transfer window has closed quite a few days ago, I feel there is perhaps a case for closing down this thread. Should there ever be a sniff circulating about a non-contracted player being a possible entrant to the great Argyle playing squad, then let it be its own entry, otherwise we are just reading blind hope.

Mar 16, 2009
London
It is one of those t
You appear to assume a great deal about Jordon Garrick and the various managers he has played under Justin , looking at his playing stats , centre forward appears to be his secondary position not just the odd throw of the dice from a desperate manager . He has also played at right wing ( his primary position ) 36 games , left wing 11 games , right midfield 2 games and right back , defensive midfield and attacking midfield 1 game each .
He appears to be a viable option to play at centre forward either as an in game change or as a starter when required and not a square peg in a round hole , which would appear to be the scenario you are suggesting . Lowe talk about playing Garrick up front in a 2, when he signed.

Where did Lowe ever talk about playing Garrick up front in a two?

Certainly not when he signed. He did talk about the possibility of having him in a three, if we were chasing the game (I would like to see this happen) Otherwise he talked about using him on the right.

You're placing a lot of your own assuming on a few stats from a moderately reliable website, but not from anything Lowe has said or done himself at any stage.

We've dropped 4 points in our last 2 home games because we were unable to break down obstinate away teams. They are among the easier oppnonentsin the league too, so that's definitely 4 points dropped. It's much easier for them mentally knowing we've so little variety on the bench at the moment. Clearly not Lowe's intention, because as we all know he assured us he was bringing in at least one more striker.

Reactions: Emu and PL2 3DQ

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Bet he could do a job for that bottom of the premier league north London club 😂😂

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It is one of those t

Certainly not when he signed. He did talk about the possibility of having him in a three, if we were chasing the game (I would like to see this happen) Otherwise he talked about using him on the right.

You're placing a lot of your own assuming on a few stats from a moderately reliable website, but not from anything Lowe has said or done himself at any stage.

We've dropped 4 points in our last 2 home games because we were unable to break down obstinate away teams. They are among the easier oppnonentsin the league too, so that's definitely 4 points dropped. It's much easier for them mentally knowing we've so little variety on the bench at the moment. Clearly not Lowe's intention, because as we all know he assured us he was bringing in at least one more striker.

You are incorrect.

Lowe said recently that ‘Jordan Garrick, as we know can play centre forward as well’.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
It is one of those t

Apologies Justin , I guess you must be right as you clearly have greater knowledge on this players suitability for the centre forward role , in future I will disregard any statistical data I see about a player and search out expert analysis from someone in the know like yourself .

Mar 16, 2009
London
You are incorrect.

Lowe said recently that ‘Jordan Garrick, as we know can play centre forward as well’.

Well that's the crux of the matter right there.

It's a bit of face-saving by Lowe, having failed to deliver on the promise of a 'definite' addition to the squad we desparately needed. He chose to leave it til the end of the window, when the market intensifies and prices escalate.

He blames an uncompetitive budget, but then at the same time praises the prudent running of the club. Then he talks about changing our system, playing a false 9, possibly using Garrick and presumably others in a tweaked formation. Bring it on! Even if it's just because he's been forced into a corner. The trouble is he's so inconsistent and contradictory with his public comments that it will probably never happen.

Reactions: Emu and PL2 3DQ

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Well that's the crux of the matter right there.

It's a bit of face-saving by Lowe, having failed to deliver on the promise of a 'definite' addition to the squad we desparately needed. He chose to leave it til the end of the window, when the market intensifies and prices escalate.

He blames an uncompetitive budget, but then at the same time praises the prudent running of the club. Then he talks about changing our system, playing a false 9, possibly using Garrick and presumably others in a tweaked formation. Bring it on! Even if it's just because he's been forced into a corner. The trouble is he's so inconsistent and contradictory with his public comments that it will probably never happen.
And you were wrong about Lowe never saying he can play up front? Or are we just ignoring that bit so you can bash Lowe some more?

Mar 16, 2009
London
And you were wrong about Lowe never saying he can play up front? Or are we just ignoring that bit so you can bash Lowe some more?

If you check back I said in a two. The only system Lowe has, to date, ever wanted us to play.

Now he's talking about using other systems, finally. But it comes across as a pretty clumsy face-saving exercise in the context of his failure to land the striker we needed.

Meanwhile we're dropping important points at home because of it.

Lowe's 'relaxed' about that.

I'm not.