Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe mentioned the other week that he's reluctant to bring in young loanees from top flight clubs, if so it looks like he will look at loans from the Championship or League One, Hardie and George Cooper were successful loans from clubs in a similar stature to us.
Either way it will be a long wait until loan players arrive as other clubs take their time to finalise their squads and decide who is surplus.

As for permanent signings the rush of signings after contracts expired at the end of June hasn't happened yet.
Neil Dewsnip is away in Tokyo soon for a month, I presume all of his work at bringing in players has been done?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Anybody recognise this player at the front of Ollie tomlinsons insta? Seems older than a young player

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Unless I am confused about one of the signings, we only have Law at left wingback.Cooper is nowhere near ready and not really a wingback.
Conor Grant can also play LWB

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I still feel we need a RM, RWB, CB (Galloway?) and another striker.

Mar 14, 2009
I might be wrong, but lm sure l saw an article a few weeks back with Lowe saying he would be happy with a smaller squad of around 20 players.

If Galloway is added, that is 20 apprantely first team members.

I think we are 3 or 4 short from a competitive squad, numbers wise. And more importantly a very good CM and right sided player RWB and/or RM in particular.

Aug 5, 2016
So what is a wingback? I heard Martin Keown say on the box that the one thing they’re not is a full back. What they are wingers or wide midfield players. Don’t expect a wingback to be an accomplished defender.

I don’t know why Martin Keown is the definitive arbiter on wing backs.
Some are defensive, some are aggressive, many are employed differently to each other.
Ask Argyle fans if you want to see George Cooper at left wing back again and you’ll get some varied answers. Some of the cynics will want someone a bit better defensively, so it does help being able to defend.
Luke Shaw and Kieran Trippier were able to play RB, LB, RWB and LWB depending on what Southgate wanted them to do and the opposition we were facing.
So there are some obvious overlapping qualities between the two positions. If wing backs were wingers, Southgate would have played Rashford and Sancho there, but he didn’t. He played defenders.

Reactions: Colin Randall
Mar 5, 2007
Kingsteignton
I might be wrong, but lm sure l saw an article a few weeks back with Lowe saying he would be happy with a smaller squad of around 20 players.

If Galloway is added, that is 20 apprantely first team members.

I think we are 3 or 4 short from a competitive squad, numbers wise. And more importantly a very good CM and right sided player RWB and/or RM in particular.
I can see randell becoming the rwb/rm back up player.. played that position frequently for Torquay last season..

Aug 15, 2015
If we play 5 at the back, are we not short of another CB? I'd say, 1x CB, 1x LB, 1x central midfield player, and 1x forward.

Mar 14, 2009
If we play 5 at the back, are we not short of another CB? I'd say, 1x CB, 1x LB, 1x central midfield player, and 1x forward.

l reckon if we sign Galloway we have more than enough cover. Bolton hasn’t even played for us today. Galloway can hopefully play LWB and CB.

We are short of that player in the middle of the park who has end product in the final third. This to me is they key area. Plus they need to find something different upfront to what they have. Someone to give us the ability to play off.

Aug 15, 2015
l reckon if we sign Galloway we have more than enough cover. Bolton hasn’t even played for us today. Galloway can hopefully play LWB and CB.

We are short of that player in the middle of the park who has end product in the final third. This to me is they key area. Plus they need to find something different upfront to what they have. Someone to give us the ability to play off.

Hmm, might be wrong but Galloway is a very slight lad and from memory bombs up the line. Could be very wrong, but don't recall him being in the mould of a CB. If not, we look one short in my view, but then I could be very wrong on him.