Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 64 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Joe Pigott won’t be coming to Argyle - he’s signed for Ipswich.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Just over 3 weeks until season starts, and obviously the later it gets the more difficult it gets to get players into the team structure and ensure match fitness...do we now assume that our first choices (and maybe 2nd or 3rd) have not been successful? Looking at the squad we do seem quite light and you don't have to go very deep until we are into the younger players.

maybe just been spoiled by the initial burst of signings :unsure:

Mar 14, 2009
Just over 3 weeks until season starts, and obviously the later it gets the more difficult it gets to get players into the team structure and ensure match fitness...do we now assume that our first choices (and maybe 2nd or 3rd) have not been successful? Looking at the squad we do seem quite light and you don't have to go very deep until we are into the younger players.

Assuming Galloway proves his fitness that will be another one hopefully.

Argyle said they were moving away from developing other clubs youngsters but l think if one real talent is available Argyle will go for it.

So if that’s the case it’s mature players that won’t be in other clubs squads. Like Hardie. Well you won’t get any movement on loans until they have brought in the players they want.

I’d be surprised if there was no more permanent signings other than Galloway.

Bristol Rovers match is behind closed doors on Saturday so maybe a chance for a trialist or two.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Assuming Galloway proves his fitness that will be another one hopefully.

Argyle said they were moving away from developing other clubs youngsters but l think if one real talent is available Argyle will go for it.

So if that’s the case it’s mature players that won’t be in other clubs squads. Like Hardie. Well you won’t get any movement on loans until they have brought in the players they want.

I’d be surprised if there was no more permanent signings other than Galloway.

Bristol Rovers match is behind closed doors on Saturday so maybe a chance for a trialist or two.
It's behind close doors but i thought someone earlier said it will be shown on IFollow

Aug 5, 2016

We seem very very light.

I would have thought about 5 players still need to come in.

Mar 14, 2009
We seem very very light.

I would have thought about 5 players still need to come in.

l don’t think we will see 5. I think at best 3. One in midfield. One wide player, especially with GC unlikely to start the season and a forward.

Just seen an interview with Lowe about Saltash and he seems happy with player numbers brought in thinking we were ahead of other teams.

I would prefer more, like yourself, but l want quality over quantity. No point bringing in someone like Reeves and just sitting him on the bench all season.

Reactions: leeroy221

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I feel that RL has learnt lessons from last season with regard to player recruitment - we only need to look at Reeves & MacLeod with regard to match minutes played, periods of time on bench & periods of being out due to injury (especially in MacLeods case)

My gut tells me recruitment is quality over quantity - we dont know what is going on in the background as it has been radio silent for weeks but RL is surely being more prudent with the purse strings why spent the money on bench warmers when you can bind your time & get your number 1 or number 2 target & still have money in the kitty

We have 3 & a bit weeks before the season starts i will expect signings before the end of this month- we also have Brendan Galloway with us at the moment will he be one of the signings

Nov 2, 2004
Unless I am confused about one of the signings, we only have Law at left wingback.Cooper is nowhere near ready and not really a wingback.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Still 5 players short.

Shame it’s been quiet for 3 weeks, other teams are making progress which suggests that we’ve missed out on a few targets, understandably.

A little communication would be nice as an update.

Reactions: pafcshaun
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Unless I am confused about one of the signings, we only have Law at left wingback.Cooper is nowhere near ready and not really a wingback.
Conor Grant plays there. Also Galloway I believe can cover. With GC back at some point I think Lowe will say we're covered, so would be surprised if we signed another one.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
It has been a remarkably quiet Transfer Window for League One clubs. I think since 1st July only just over 30 players have signed for League One clubs and a significant proportion of those have been loans. Clearly, the EFL transfer embargo on some clubs and the close financial monitoring of others has been an impediment to the usual transfer merry-go-round.

The transfer window still has seven weeks to go before closure. I would expect two or three more permanent acquisitions plus Galloway if he proves his fitness. If we are to get any Premiership loanees on top then that is normally towards the end of August once the clubs have sorted out their nominated 25. However, I would be happier if we could give own own players an opportunity this season - we have a talented crop emerging so give them a chance.

Aug 5, 2015
So what is a wingback? I heard Martin Keown say on the box that the one thing they’re not is a full back. What they are wingers or wide midfield players. Don’t expect a wingback to be an accomplished defender.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So what is a wingback? I heard Martin Keown say on the box that the one thing they’re not is a full back. What they are wingers or wide midfield players. Don’t expect a wingback to be an accomplished defender.
As well as being able to get up and down the wing at speed, one of the main jobs of a wing-back is to supply crosses into the box or passes into the forward line.

However, a wing-back must also possess defensive attributes, such as good tacklingability and sound positional awareness - knowing when to drop deep or push forward at the right time.

Aug 5, 2015
As well as being able to get up and down the wing at speed, one of the main jobs of a wing-back is to supply crosses into the box or passes into the forward line.

However, a wing-back must also possess defensive attributes, such as good tacklingability and sound positional awareness - knowing when to drop deep or push forward at the right time.