Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 54 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Im happy there is no internal leaks it shows how professional we have become. If & when we need to know we will be told

As the saying goes- good things come to those who wait

Sep 15, 2012
Emeraldinho":3qqw2jmr said:
plymouth1970":3qqw2jmr said:
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Any transfer rumours? I’m not really interested in ‘I know more about football than you’ willy waving competitions.

Just saying.
Well said! :thumbup:

Hallelujah!!!! Well said young man, let’s move on to the here & now :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Devongreenowl":g50rcoz1 said:
Can we have some more non-transfer rumour, football expert posts on this thread please. It’s a bit quiet. :tumbleweed:

So... My theory is Paul Tisdale would've got us to the Championship... Go wild with that one.

Sep 2, 2008
Brandon Barker?

We need someone on the left (tick), this lad is with Lowes mate (tick) had a bad injury (tick) probable England youth connections with Dewsnip (tick) and seems happy travelling anywhere judging by his loan record (tick).

Nailed on I reckon.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pottypilgrim":sj5qi12w said:
Brandon Barker?

We need someone on the left (tick), this lad is with Lowes mate (tick) had a bad injury (tick) probable England youth connections with Dewsnip (tick) and seems happy travelling anywhere judging by his loan record (tick).

Nailed on I reckon.

Looks like the type of player profile we would be interested in, however we already have quite a few players who play on the left side of the pitch - Gillesphey, Law, Cooper, Grant, Mayor.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Given the slow paced, laborious and often wildly inaccurate nature of this thread my mind wandered to other types of football transfers. The sorts you used to rub with a pen onto a book to create football action scenes (or I recall aircraft, or war ships or any number of action transfer sets). What happened to the action transfer sets of the 70s? When did people decide they weren’t fun any more? That’s the big question, surely.

My, I must be bored

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Newmansd":2lbhpoau said:
Devongreenowl":2lbhpoau said:
Can we have some more non-transfer rumour, football expert posts on this thread please. It’s a bit quiet. :tumbleweed:

So... My theory is Paul Tisdale would've got us to the Championship... Go wild with that one.

That’s an interesting theory, but not sure it will stack up when the football experts analyse it. :whistle:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Newmansd":3jyauua7 said:
Devongreenowl":3jyauua7 said:

There as a certain League club in Bristol who adopted the same theory with gas fired energy. Unfortunately something like 12 points from 15 games, forced forward a new form of propulsion towards an exit.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’m a bit surprised we haven’t had any more announcements yet, seeing as pre-season is due to start. I do recall Lowe saying he’d like most of his squad in place before we return (tomorrow isn’t it?). A bit over ambitious maybe.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Quintrell_Green":2opdl43u said:
Newmansd":2opdl43u said:
Devongreenowl":2opdl43u said:

There as a certain League club in Bristol who adopted the same theory with gas fired energy. Unfortunately something like 12 points from 15 games, forced forward a new form of propulsion towards an exit.

Yep, I think Newmansd went a bit wild with that one.
Tisfail - man at Ted Baker. :cool: :roll:

Aug 17, 2005
Pottypilgrim":1ooy4l7h said:
Brandon Barker?

Nailed on I reckon.

If I was to stick a pin in the list for a rangers player on loan I would go for Joe Aribo. Signed from Charlton in 2019 but not broken into first team. Something like 15 appearances. Central midfield.

Mar 14, 2009
So how many players more do we reckon we need to sign?

I am still very concerned about the wing backs areas. The crossing from wide positions, apart from C Grant at times, was pretty abysmal. I’d like to see a player who can whip in a decent corner and free kick. That could be G Cooper but lm not convinced he can hold down a place at LWB so if we play 3-1-4-2 not sure where he fits in a Lowe team.

I noticed a lot of these players are signing for two years. I am wondering if next season is about building a more stable platform. Finish comfortable mid-table as a minimum and then the season after with most players already contracted we add the three or four quality players for that extra push.

Aug 17, 2005
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ozbymh9 said:
So how many players more do we reckon we need to sign?

I am still very concerned about the wing backs areas. The crossing from wide positions, apart from C Grant at times, was pretty abysmal. I’d like to see a player who can whip in a decent corner and free kick. That could be G Cooper but lm not convinced he can hold down a place at LWB so if we play 3-1-4-2 not sure where he fits in a Lowe team.
Not sure we will see much of Cooper this side of xmas