Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 48 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Most contracts finish on the 30th of June -might explain a bit why it's been a bit slow... I reckon lots of players are on their holidays somewhere as well.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Railway sleeper":x91rm19b said:
I can’t remember it being this slow in previous pre- seasons.- only two players signed up so far. Presumably agents are driving a particularly hard bargain, this time around.

As it stands we have only 11 senior players- with pre- season training less than two weeks away, and our first senior friendly- Swansea around five weeks off.

The re- assuring thing is that only four league one clubs have signed more players than us.

Perhaps it’s going to be the same thing as time spent at a bus stop ? Wait for ages, and then several come at the same time.

Combination of factors really. Season ended a bit later so players still on holiday. A lot of clubs are financially tighter this summer so if they wait later into the window, wage demands will drop from players without a club. There’s also the fact the Euro’s are on. That will affect squad planning / transfers at a higher level and will have a trickle down effect.

Basically, I wouldn’t worry. Two in already and by the murmurs on Twitter another one potentially following today.

Jul 18, 2011
Railway sleeper":1dqp99mm said:
I can’t remember it being this slow in previous pre- seasons.- only two players signed up so far. Presumably agents are driving a particularly hard bargain, this time around.

As it stands we have only 11 senior players- with pre- season training less than two weeks away, and our first senior friendly- Swansea around five weeks off.

The re- assuring thing is that only four league one clubs have signed more players than us.

Perhaps it’s going to be the same thing as time spent at a bus stop ? Wait for ages, and then several come at the same time.

You should see the Pompey fans complaining about the same thing.

C

Cult Of Personality

Alot of players are not out of contract with there teams till 30th June . You can sign players that have been released early but if we are signing players that still have a contract till 30 June we can't official annouce it

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cult Of Personality":3mslrmgx said:
Alot of players are not out of contract with there teams till 30th June . You can sign players that have been released early but if we are signing players that still have a contract till 30 June we can't official annouce it

Not sure I agree with this. We announced Dan Scarr who was contracted til June 30th with Walsall and was offered a new deal by them.

Apr 1, 2009
Cult Of Personality":3mq6sopz said:

Scarr and Wilson have contracts with previous clubs until June 30, yet have been announced.

Jun 27, 2019
Cult Of Personality":2dcsw7qt said:

You can make an agreement with players whose contracts are expiring one month before expiry, which we have done with Scarr and Wilson.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Incoming...… !!!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Matt Green Army":3no79vuo said:
WoodsyGreen":3no79vuo said:
It must be a player already in the UK because Brexit rules mean we now have no chance of signing players from abroad.
Ive heard off one of my friends its Macauley Gillesphey from brisbane roar

:clap: :scarf:

Jul 28, 2020
Matt Green Army":2jai0llc said:
WoodsyGreen":2jai0llc said:
It must be a player already in the UK because Brexit rules mean we now have no chance of signing players from abroad.
Ive heard off one of my friends its Macauley Gillesphey from brisbane roar

Thanks Matt :clap:

Must admit I’d never heard of this guy ( and that’s generally a good sign with Argo signings)- having watched him on YouTube- I’m quite impressed :scarf:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So that's three new CBs plus Tomlinson and I expect a loan defender to arrive for additional cover.

RL said he was starting at the back with signings, so, will we see a new keeper soon as cover for Cooper?

Oct 10, 2012
Don’t judge players from YouTube!

Left sided centre half ticks the boxes! Think we’re well covered in the LWB area could do with another RB/RWB now IMO.