• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
League 2 Player of the Season.

Do we need to bring another striker in? No up and coming lads who can fill the role?

Aug 10, 2006
Nobby":1ex1miia said:
jimsing":1ex1miia said:

I know he's scored a ton of goals, but in the context of his career this season has been a total anomaly. Hasn't been prolific anywhere else. Does make you wonder if it's a case of player and club fitting perfectly, rather than him suddenly becoming a prolific striker at the age of 26. I'd be wary of this one, personally. I do think we need a more experienced striker though to compliment the younger lads.
on the other had he might carry on scoring goals nobody knows.

Apr 1, 2009
Link does admit there will be others interested.

I think we do need a fourth striker - but a tall physical target man type which I don't think this guy is.

Also have to ask why, if he's got a load of L1 clubs interested, he might choose us? He is a scouser, but unless he knows Lowe and Schumacher well that counts for little.

Jul 12, 2016
Larry David":1w7cfim1 said:
Apparently we’re interested in signing Mullin from Cambridge according to Alan Nixon
You don't take notice of what the Sun says do you? ;)

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I would like Lowe to start at the back this summer and work forward surely forwards are the least area of concern at the moment
Also as an observation is Lowe going to bring in some players who can play through the thirds as he says because from what I have seen this second half of the season has been aimless balls over the top

Aug 5, 2016
Nobby":3lqm1jxg said:
jimsing":3lqm1jxg said:

I know he's scored a ton of goals, but in the context of his career this season has been a total anomaly. Hasn't been prolific anywhere else. Does make you wonder if it's a case of player and club fitting perfectly, rather than him suddenly becoming a prolific striker at the age of 26. I'd be wary of this one, personally. I do think we need a more experienced striker though to compliment the younger lads.

You don’t want a striker who has just scored 32 goals in 46 games?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well silly season has started- i do not pay much attention to it

A decent - experienced defensive unit should be the priority

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Larry David":b30bry2q said:
Apparently we’re interested in signing Mullin from Cambridge according to Alan Nixon

He scored 32 goals this season. Can’t imagine we’ll be after him unless he’s out of contract.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
JiC

But he’s now in the final few weeks of his Cambridge United contract, and Alan Nixon writes how both Bristol Rovers and Plymouth Argyle are both weighing up a summer move for Mullin

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Nobby":2c7pfq2z said:
jimsing":2c7pfq2z said:

I looked him up and saw he had only scored 40 goals in the previous 6 seasons and then 32 this season alone. It seems a remarkable turn around and I wondered what the reason was too.

May 3, 2017
jerryatricjanner":hn1f4ehv said:
Nobby":hn1f4ehv said:
jimsing":hn1f4ehv said:

I looked him up and saw he had only scored 40 goals in the previous 6 seasons and then 32 this season alone. It seems a remarkable turn around and I wondered what the reason was too.

Perhaps with no fans in attendance it has lifted the pressure on him and can play more freely. Or maybe he’s just a late bloomer and will go onto build on this amazing goal feat in future years.