✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Perhaps this season is the first time he's had the supply, so it isn't him teams should be wanting.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Knibbsworth":28mu6uj1 said:
Nobby":28mu6uj1 said:
jimsing":28mu6uj1 said:

I know he's scored a ton of goals, but in the context of his career this season has been a total anomaly. Hasn't been prolific anywhere else. Does make you wonder if it's a case of player and club fitting perfectly, rather than him suddenly becoming a prolific striker at the age of 26. I'd be wary of this one, personally. I do think we need a more experienced striker though to compliment the younger lads.

You don’t want a striker who has just scored 32 goals in 46 games?

Actually 32 goals in only 45 league starts.

He’s a Liverpudlian so that might help our cause somewhat...

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":6z1q42tv said:
Knibbsworth":6z1q42tv said:
Nobby":6z1q42tv said:
jimsing":6z1q42tv said:

I know he's scored a ton of goals, but in the context of his career this season has been a total anomaly. Hasn't been prolific anywhere else. Does make you wonder if it's a case of player and club fitting perfectly, rather than him suddenly becoming a prolific striker at the age of 26. I'd be wary of this one, personally. I do think we need a more experienced striker though to compliment the younger lads.

He’s only scored 40 in 196 games before that. This is the only time he’s scored more than 10 in a season and the last time he played in League One he managed 3 in 20 games.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him, I’m saying I’d be wary because it seems until he went to Cambridge he was bang average, hence my suspicion it might be the a case of the player being a perfect fit for the club he’s at.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I suggest playing with Wes Hoolahan will have helped, way too good for League 2 even now.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Nobby":agitbxzs said:
JannerinCardiff":agitbxzs said:
Knibbsworth":agitbxzs said:
Nobby":agitbxzs said:
jimsing":agitbxzs said:

He’s only scored 40 in 196 games before that. This is the only time he’s scored more than 10 in a season and the last time he played in League One he managed 3 in 20 games.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t take him, I’m saying I’d be wary because it seems until he went to Cambridge he was bang average, hence my suspicion it might be the a case of the player being a perfect fit for the club he’s at.

Anyone know what style and formation Cambridge have played this season ? Might be a factor in why Mullin has been so prolific this season that it suits his own style.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
JannerinCardiff":3jhfzxns said:
Nobby":3jhfzxns said:
JannerinCardiff":3jhfzxns said:
Knibbsworth":3jhfzxns said:
Nobby":3jhfzxns said:
jimsing":3jhfzxns said:

Anyone know what style and formation Cambridge have played this season ? Might be a factor in why Mullin has been so prolific this season that it suits his own style.

I recall their manager Shaun Derry as a very industrious, neat midfielder for Leeds, QPR and Palace. I am sure he will have moved the club's tactics forward from the very long ball game that John Beck brought to the club years ago.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I see Wes Hoolahan is out of contract at Cambridge - worth offering a contradct to - he ooozes class and I dare say would team up well with Mullin should we get him too.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2hbpqdsl said:
I see Wes Hoolahan is out of contract at Cambridge - worth offering a contradct to - he ooozes class and I dare say would team up well with Mullin should we get him too.
Hoolahan is 39 this month but having said that he was shortlisted for League 2 player of the season. There is experience needed but this might stretch it just a bit far I feel. Coppinger made it to 40 in League 1 so it's not impossible.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
jerryatricjanner":vbyytzcg said:
JannerinCardiff":vbyytzcg said:
Hoolahan is 39 this month but having said that he was shortlisted for League 2 player of the season. There is experience needed but this might stretch it just a bit far I feel. Coppinger made it to 40 in League 1 so it's not impossible.

This is a great example of how Plymouth's location works against Argyle. Wes Hoolahan had a long and very successful career at Norwich City (ten years) and although he spent a couple of years elsewhere after he finished playing there (West Brom and Newcastle, Australia) I would guess he has very strong links with the East Anglia area. I am sure that's the primary reason that he ended up playing at Cambridge this year. There are no other (better) league clubs anywhere near Plymouth and so no players looking for a club close to home that they could play out a season or two before retiring.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Not a rumour, at least not yet, but Jack Stephens has bought a house (and promptly knocked it down and rebuilt) just up the road from my parents on Whitsand Bay.....

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
ping_g5":1hm4n0p0 said:
Not a rumour, at least not yet, but Jack Stephens has bought a house (and promptly knocked it down and rebuilt) just up the road from my parents on Whitsand Bay.....

Well it's not a rumour cos you say he has done it. Could be a retirement home tho'!! ;)

Jun 27, 2019
ping_g5":n9mtehyl said:

I bet we couldn't even afford the house he's about to build there, never mind Jack himself.