Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 128 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
What about this......get (buy someone) who can score bags of goals, win every match, get a full Home Park every match and watch the money roll in through the turnstiles, get to the top of the league, get to the Championship, job done!!
Ah yes, the speculate to accumulate method.

Never been a strong suit at Home Park.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Barnsley Preston can get and stay in the championship neither are bigger clubs than us so we must surely be aiming for it or do we say its nit fair they have so much money and stay in the lower leagues?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Barnsley Preston can get and stay in the championship neither are bigger clubs than us so we must surely be aiming for it or do we say its nit fair they have so much money and stay in the lower leagues?
Sorry but both Barnsley and Preston are bigger than us imo.

Mar 14, 2009
Without starting world war 3 l do tend to see both sides of the argument with the youngsters.

On one hand you have Jephcott and M Cooper and they have come from the academy. They are established players in the first team squad.

However, sometimes last year l felt we blooded youth players to make a statement more than based on whether we were ready for that level of football.

l look of players like Randell and Law. They have come from that set up. Law l think is better suited than G Cooper, C Grant at LWB but l wonder if he will be given a proper opportunity for a run in the team.

Last season we struggled towards the end. We only gave Law a real run around the time we played Burton. Which was when we were almost safe. Before this Lowe kept playing some other teams youngster, in Lewis, who most of us watched and didn’t think good enough.

We played Tomlinson in a “dead” match at Gillingham. The same game Lowe played Reeves and hadn’t been using him all season. Given how bad Opkou and Watts were how come Tomlinson didn’t get more of an opportunity. Lowe showed more faith in a Fulham & Newcastle youngster even when they kept letting him down.

We had Fornah playing in midfield last season. A job surely Randell could of done as equally well and got valuable game time. However, we didn’t show the same faith in him as some other youngster from Forest.

This season we saw the youngsters at Newport. Great for their development no doubt but a competition that Argyle aren’t obviously not that bothered about.

The point is we are making statements about our youth academy. And that is good to see. However, these opportunities are happening in games where Argyle aren’t too bothered about results. You won’t see many, if all, playing many minutes in league encounters l feel.

Before people jump down my throat lm not saying our youth set up is bad. That’s it’s the wrong approach. However, lm just putting a little balance on the outlook. The games these youngsters are playing in first team fixtures have not much meaning at all. Argyle are heralding their playing time but are they really ready for this level of football? If they are, why did we bring in another youngster from Swansea before one of our own?

When Argyle are playing the league fixtures let’s see, apart from Cooper and Jephcott who are more established, who else gets a proper run out.

l really like Randell and Law. However, are they going to be any more than bit part players this season? If they are, then to me that’s more a success story regarding the academy that giving a number of random youths their debut in a meaningless game.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2005
They have gotta start somewhere Mickey.

No good scarring them in an important league match.

These kids have to be managed, not thrown in at the deep end.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Whats to say all our Academy players have individual development plans & have regular meetings with their coaches regarding their progress & what they need to work on to be considered anywhere near the threshold of being in & around the 1st team

No doubt RL is kept in the loop regarding the progress each individual player is making & what parts of the game each player needs to work on

I would have thought there is only so much that can be achieved on a training pitch & playing other Academy sides so if & when these young players are deemed ready for the next step ( as in Randell & Law ) last season these young players will be sent out on loan to play regularly & develop further in their football education

The time & money invested in these young players probably means each part of their development is considered & managed so that when they become involved in the 1st team they will not be a overwhelmed & can be trusted when called upon

The last thing the management would want to do is throw a player in when they are not ready

Mar 14, 2009
They have gotta start somewhere Mickey.

No good scarring them in an important league match.

These kids have to be managed, not thrown in at the deep end.
l agree but when l watched Fornah and Lewis in the team last season my question would of been was it not more beneficial to have faith in Argyle’s youth set up and of given Randell and Law that game time. Randell benefitted from Torquay game time but with such a unique system we play l just think he couldn’t of done any worse in that DM role. Would of been beneficial for this season too.

But granted they do have to start somewhere.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
l agree but when l watched Fornah and Lewis in the team last season my question would of been was it not more beneficial to have faith in Argyle’s youth set up and of given Randell and Law that game time. Randell benefitted from Torquay game time but with such a unique system we play l just think he couldn’t of done any worse in that DM role. Would of been beneficial for this season too.

But granted they do have to start somewhere.
With regard to your reference to Garrick on loan from Swansea, I don’t think we have a player like him in our Academy.
I am expecting him to cause danger down the right flank and take the pressure off our, currently, more effective left flank.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
With regard to your reference to Garrick on loan from Swansea, I don’t think we have a player like him in our Academy.
I am expecting him to cause danger down the right flank and take the pressure off our, currently, more effective left flank.
Garrick has also been brought in to provide cover for our forwards. And I agree - there isn’t a player like Garrick in or youth set up currently which is why this loan makes perfect sense imo. Also atv23 years old he’s older than our academy players.

Reactions: Keith Hennessey
Feb 13, 2021
Without starting world war 3 l do tend to see both sides of the argument with the youngsters.

On one hand you have Jephcott and M Cooper and they have come from the academy. They are established players in the first team squad.

However, sometimes last year l felt we blooded youth players to make a statement more than based on whether we were ready for that level of football.

l look of players like Randell and Law. They have come from that set up. Law l think is better suited than G Cooper, C Grant at LWB but l wonder if he will be given a proper opportunity for a run in the team.

Last season we struggled towards the end. We only gave Law a real run around the time we played Burton. Which was when we were almost safe. Before this Lowe kept playing some other teams youngster, in Lewis, who most of us watched and didn’t think good enough.

We played Tomlinson in a “dead” match at Gillingham. The same game Lowe played Reeves and hadn’t been using him all season. Given how bad Opkou and Watts were how come Tomlinson didn’t get more of an opportunity. Lowe showed more faith in a Fulham & Newcastle youngster even when they kept letting him down.

We had Fornah playing in midfield last season. A job surely Randell could have done as equally well and got valuable game time. However, we didn’t show the same faith in him as some other youngster from Forest.

This season we saw the youngsters at Newport. Great for their development no doubt but a competition that Argyle aren’t obviously not that bothered about.

The point is we are making statements about our youth academy. And that is good to see. However, these opportunities are happening in games where Argyle aren’t too bothered about results. You won’t see many, if all, playing many minutes in league encounters l feel.

Before people jump down my throat lm not saying our youth set up is bad. That’s it’s the wrong approach. However, lm just putting a little balance on the outlook. The games these youngsters are playing in first team fixtures have not much meaning at all. Argyle are heralding their playing time but are they really ready for this level of football? If they are, why did we bring in another youngster from Swansea before one of our own?

When Argyle are playing the league fixtures let’s see, apart from Cooper and Jephcott who are more established, who else gets a proper run out.

l really like Randell and Law. However, are they going to be any more than bit part players this season? If they are, then to me that’s more a success story regarding the academy that giving a number of random youths their debut in a meaningless game.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Time to get some freebie trailists in

Reactions: Bwb1989
Feb 13, 2021
Might not mean much to Argyle even that’s debatable but must mean helluva lot to the players involved! If not what’s the point! These lads need to perform to push themselves up the pecking order! If it doesn’t mean much to them they had just aswell find another career now!