Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle transfer rumour round-up

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Green Painter":2rul408x said:
Maybe the manager has convinced the chairman that signing Hardie could well earn the club millions in a future sale. He sure looks the real deal for me. Best we've had here since???

Tynan I'd say.

Pure natural goalscorer who could earn the club many millions.
I think we may be getting a bit carried away here.

Remind me, how many games has Hardie played for Argyle in the 4th tier.

Better than any of the forwards we had when we were a top-half Championship Club?

Ignoring the small fact that he is not actually an Argyle player, letā€™s see if he does actually sign for us first and then how he performs in the 3rd tier. He hardly set League 1 on fire playing for Blackpool last season.

German Shepherd

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Blackpool played one up front & lump it to the big bloke which totally didn't suit him. My Blackpool supporting mate said he'd do really well playing off another striker & having ball to feet.....how right he was.

Critchley, their new manager, plays a different style than Grayson.

The Seasiders have just signed Yates , a perfect partner for Hardie , so can't see him moving.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
German Shepherd":22k09n9c said:
Blackpool played one up front & lump it to the big bloke which totally didn't suit him. My Blackpool supporting mate said he'd do really well playing off another striker & having ball to feet.....how right he was.

Critchley, their new manager, plays a different style than Grayson.

The Seasiders have just signed Yates , a perfect partner for Hardie , so can't see him moving.

Critchley plays a similar system to Adams so either a 1 or a 3 up front depending on whether you're Derek or not. Unless he's played as a wide player (which isn't his strength) I can't see him fitting that system.

Aug 5, 2016
Clem":1eanvq3y said:
WIKIPEDIA says Mohamed Maouche is an Argyle player

You do realise that any bored teenager can (and very often will) edit wikipedia?

And the first instinct of a football club, having signed a player, is rarely to change the player's wikipedia entry before sorting the press conference and official site announcement.

Aug 5, 2016
demportdave":spgqbovq said:
Green Painter":spgqbovq said:
Maybe the manager has convinced the chairman that signing Hardie could well earn the club millions in a future sale. He sure looks the real deal for me. Best we've had here since???

Tynan I'd say.

Better than any of the forwards we had when we were a top-half Championship Club?

Ignoring the small fact that he is not actually an Argyle player, letā€™s see if he does actually sign for us first and then how he performs in the 3rd tier. He hardly set League 1 on fire playing for Blackpool last season.

I agree that some posters are getting a bit carried away with Hardie. I read yesterday someone saying he was better than Sylvan Ebanks Blake. Settle down!!

But he does have something about him. He is a very exciting striker to watch. Very direct, very urgent, get the ball and drive at the opposition's goal with the pace to be a constant danger for any CB. Ladapo had it too, and some of our fans would never have thought Adams would have taken a Southend reserve and made a free scoring striker out of him, driving a club up into the Championship. If Ladapo is capable of that, Hardie certainly can.

Aug 17, 2005
If the rumours are true we could have a front row choice of jephcott telford moore maynard and hardie. All number ten type players potentially as good as any in league 1

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Hmm, if Hardie was that good a player then how come he mostly came on as a sub instead of starting games as the first choice striker? :think:

Aug 5, 2016
Emeraldinho":1tva9iyn said:
Hmm, if Hardie was that good a player then how come he mostly came on as a sub instead of starting games as the first choice striker? :think:

How come Harry Kane never used to play for Spurs in the Premier League, but only in the Europa League and cup competitions?

Feb 8, 2005
Emeraldinho":1exv3yqf said:

It takes a while for a player to get up to match fitness, doesn't it?

He had to earn a starting place over others, didn't he?

Aug 5, 2015
Perhaps the signing of Yates by Blackpool might make it a bit easier to sign Hardie. Another striker ahead of him, but who knows

Dec 30, 2011
Knibbsworth":16rubyd3 said:
demportdave":16rubyd3 said:
Green Painter":16rubyd3 said:

Tynan I'd say.

I agree that some posters are getting a bit carried away with Hardie. I read yesterday someone saying he was better than Sylvan Ebanks Blake. Settle down!!

But he does have something about him. He is a very exciting striker to watch. Very direct, very urgent, get the ball and drive at the opposition's goal with the pace to be a constant danger for any CB. Ladapo had it too, and some of our fans would never have thought Adams would have taken a Southend reserve and made a free scoring striker out of him, driving a club up into the Championship. If Ladapo is capable of that, Hardie certainly can.

Hardie is a better prospect than Ebanks-Blake but it depends how he progresses over the next couple of years.

Apr 1, 2009
greensalt":zqxj7jag said:
Knibbsworth":zqxj7jag said:
demportdave":zqxj7jag said:
Green Painter":zqxj7jag said:

Tynan I'd say.

Hardie is a better prospect than Ebanks-Blake but it depends how he progresses over the next couple of years.

Hardie a better prospect than SEB? How does that work? Hardie is 23 now, older than SEB was when the latter left us having scored approx 1 in 3 for us in the Championship. SEB then scored 51 in 101 Championship games for Wolves, as well as playing with less success for a couple of seasons in the Prem. OK, Hardie might better that, but at present he's yet to show he can do it in L1. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sign Hardie, but where's the evidence that he's the better prospect?

Jul 12, 2016
Admittedly Hardie has yet to prove himself at league one level but having seen what he did for us last year he is the nearest to a natural goalscorer we have had since Tommy Tynan.

Dec 30, 2011
xmastree":3o9s3dul said:
greensalt":3o9s3dul said:
Knibbsworth":3o9s3dul said:
demportdave":3o9s3dul said:
Green Painter":3o9s3dul said:

Tynan I'd say.

Hardie a better prospect than SEB? How does that work? Hardie is 23 now, older than SEB was when the latter left us having scored approx 1 in 3 for us in the Championship. SEB then scored 51 in 101 Championship games for Wolves, as well as playing with less success for a couple of seasons in the Prem. OK, Hardie might better that, but at present he's yet to show he can do it in L1. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sign Hardie, but where's the evidence that he's the better prospect?

I must admit I thought he was only 20 or so !