Plymouth Argyle Location on attracting new players | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Location on attracting new players

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Could this be a new era in signing players. Looks like we beat a few clubs to the new signings.

We were always hampered by out location but it seems this isn't the issue with our last two recruits. Could this be down to social media ZOOM calling etc.

Lets hope it continues.

May 22, 2006
Listened to a piece on the radio about Gareth Bale joining Los Angeles FC. They said that there were numerous positives for Bale joining - the weather, the training facilities, the medical facilities etc. The only downside for him was the location as some of the matches would require up to a five hour flight and that would put many players off joining

Five hour journey - just a mere hop, skip and a jump compared to some of our coach journeys.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Yea we have some good local derbies this coming season however I guess there's always long journeys involved. I do remember we used to fly the squad on some occasions. But would imagine that's a thing of the past.

Feb 8, 2005
Yea we have some good local derbies this coming season however I guess there's always long journeys involved. I do remember we used to fly the squad on some occasions. But would imagine that's a thing of the past.
No Plymouth Airport.

Jan 11, 2017
We are (geographically) where we are.If we pay the wages,have a progressive young manager with a team going places what’s not to like and the location speaks for itself.remember the rumours of Mayor not liking it here…he has been here 3 years already.To me it’s an asset.Ask MM /Butch the new signings if it’s a problem?

Sep 2, 2008
We are (geographically) where we are. If we pay the wages, have a progressive young manager with a team going places what’s not to like and the location speaks for itself. Remember the rumours of Mayor not liking it here…he has been here 3 years already. To me it’s an asset. Ask MM /Butch the new signings if it’s a problem?
This is all that matters.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Could this be a new era in signing players. Looks like we beat a few clubs to the new signings.

We were always hampered by out location but it seems this isn't the issue with our last two recruits. Could this be down to social media ZOOM calling etc.

Lets hope it continues.
I personally think it’s more to do with the fact it’s well known amongst pro players that we try to play football on the ground in an entertaining style, have great fans home and away and are prepared to meet the wage demands of the players we’ve signed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think the location was always compounded by the awful facilities and the perception they gave.

Imagine you drive 6 hours to check out the club, and after that long journey you arrive to rotting concrete, a couple of waterlogged pitches for a training ground and 1950s facilities. Not exactly appealing, is it? The work the club has done to improve the infrastructure is massive for fans AND attracting players imo.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
But what a place to live and enjoy your work?

I think we play too negatively on location. With our new drive on player development we're going to be looking for players under the radar. Why not come down here, keep your head down, work hard and be adored by the Green Army? Why hang around the London, Birmingham, Manchester areas competing against everyone else? Come down here and make a name for yourself.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
I think the location was always compounded by the awful facilities and the perception they gave.

Imagine you drive 6 hours to check out the club, and after that long journey you arrive to rotting concrete, a couple of waterlogged pitches for a training ground and 1950s facilities. Not exactly appealing, is it? The work the club has done to improve the infrastructure is massive for fans AND attracting players imo.
Its good progress but for an aspiring championship outfit we still have a way to go.

There is a reason Devon is the most moved into county in the UK. It’s a fabulous location to work and raise a family. When I moved to Chudleigh in 1983 all our neighbours were Devonian. Kids at our local school thought my children’s funny accents were Australian! Nearly forty years on most Chudleigh residents are non-Devonian, and the population has nearly tripled.

Offer footballers the right working surroundings, wages and opportunity to advance their career, then I believe we have big locational advantages over our rivals, as we have just proved beating Pompey to Miller’s signing.