• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Wednesday 1 December

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Maybe I am too old school for this....! I just don't see any evidence of due process....its just cancellation and branding the (alleged) perpetrators as 'wicked'....that's what got me. Many, many you could brand as such, but surely not a few idiots...for surely that is all they are?....by the way, cancellation without right of reply is very Woke...
It's not 'cancellation'. It's simply telling them that they are not welcome in the venue that he owns because they have chosen to break the very sensible rules that they agreed to abide by when they set foot in the venue. There's nothing 'woke' about it - there were rules, they broke them, they're now facing the consequences for their actions. I'm sure that if they feel they have been unfairly treated in some way then they can appeal to the club to reconsider.

My dictionary (Concise Oxford) defines 'wicked' as 'sinful, iniquitous, vicious, given to or involving immorality' so it seems like a pretty appropriate word to use to me (although it's not one that I would personally have chosen).

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
My 16 year old daughter branded them as "pathetic" at the time as we watched from the lower mayflower. She was quite disgusted at our 'fans'. And kids that age, such as my daughter, have never heard of 'woke'. They just believe in doing the right thing and acting the right way. It's refreshing.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Have i just drifted back to the 1970s?

The Chairman is absolutely spot on, whilst same may wish to think football is for males aged between 15-55, its not, the fan base is full of elderly, the young and female supporters, if you are taking your mum, sister, gran, wife or daughter, a mass brawl in the crowd is about the last thing you want to contend with. If these people are identifiable and they are caused undue panic to normal supporters, then quite frankly get rid.

Furthermore, in a time where we are trying through the eyes of an astute businessman, to became self financing and self supporting, can you not see that every bad bit of publicity makes it harder to attract much needed sponsors to the club?
And deter sensible, ordinary supporters, both male and female from coming through the turnstiles and getting collateral hassle.

Jul 23, 2021
It's not 'cancellation'. It's simply telling them that they are not welcome in the venue that he owns because they have chosen to break the very sensible rules that they agreed to abide by when they set foot in the venue. There's nothing 'woke' about it - there were rules, they broke them, they're now facing the consequences for their actions. I'm sure that if they feel they have been unfairly treated in some way then they can appeal to the club to reconsider.

My dictionary (Concise Oxford) defines 'wicked' as 'sinful, iniquitous, vicious, given to or involving immorality' so it seems like a pretty appropriate word to use to me (although it's not one that I would personally have chosen).
Its obviously an age thing for me...Göring, Hiroheto most definitely. I saw some idiots, I saw no 'wickedness' ....Maybe some thought required before pressing the evotive send button Mr H?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Its obviously an age thing for me...Göring, Hiroheto most definitely. I saw some idiots, I saw no 'wickedness' ....Maybe some thought required before pressing the evotive send button Mr H?
Goering was found guilty.
Hirohito was never found guilty or subjected to 'due process' so, under your definition, you cannot deem him wicked. Can you? :unsure:

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
DR1, you seem to show sympathy for people that are not welcome and would like to harm others, why ?