✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
new Council of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch have a bigger population than Plymouth.
But B, P and C doesn’t have city status yet.
But it does have an international airport - Bournemouth International - which is in (the old borough of) Christchurch.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Bristol?

Quickly checking to see if that IS South. :ROFLMAO:
The city of Brighton and Hove, as does the new Council of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch have a bigger population than Plymouth.
But B, P and C doesn’t have city status yet.
Oh dear .. the Pasoti pedants are at it again....
Yes obs Bristol but it is the London Bristol line ... I was saving on the number of words but next time I will write London Bristol in full ...
I am not talking about councils, I am talking about cities ... Where I live the city is called Chelmsford with 100K (Don't check .. I guessed) whilst the council area is also called Chelmsford City with a population of 160K ... not the same thing.

It appears that Brighton is slightly bigger and so I guess we have lost our crown as the largest city (or bleddy town ... for the pedantics) on the south coast... Probably because no one can get to Plymouth as we don't have a motorway, decent rail line or an airport.

Anyway Pasoti pedants ... the point is that for a city the size of Plymouth, we are generally cut off from the rest of the UK and maintaining communications and transport links or creating communication and transport links is essential for future viability ...

Good grief ... :( .... 🥴 ...

Reactions: smudja

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hardly a pedant, you said biggest City South of London.

It wasn't.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
the point is that for a city the size of Plymouth, we are generally cut off from the rest of the UK and maintaining communications and transport links or creating communication and transport links is essential for future viability ...

Which is why the money invested in HS2 to get people from Birmingham to London 30mins earlier shield have been invested in the real south west of England infrastructure

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
But it does have an international airport - Bournemouth International - which is in (the old borough of) ChristchurThe

But it does have an international airport - Bournemouth International - which is in (the old borough of) Christchurch.
The old Hurn airport. It was a brilliant airport when I lived in Bournemouth in the '70s and 80', and very popular. It's grown ,of course, since those days, but we have still been very impressed with it . Pity Plymouth could not have aimed higher and achieved an airport of that standing.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Hardly a pedant, you said biggest City South of London.

It wasn't.
I will now check every comment you post for the next ... well until I get bored, for any inaccuracy or any element of confusion. I will now expect ... precise and hopefully concise posts from you ... I want to know what it feels like to be a pedant ... 😏

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I won't bother with yours! Anyone who thinks Plymouth is bigger than Bristol doesn't need to be checked.

Anyway, best get back to the subject.

Plymouth obviously needs an airport soooooo many of us used it before it was closed.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
I won't bother with yours! Anyone who thinks Plymouth is bigger than Bristol doesn't need to be checked.

Anyway, best get back to the subject.

Plymouth obviously needs an airport soooooo many of us used it before it was closed.
Except I don't ... or do you really think otherwise ...

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I’ve been constantly posting on PL about this new technology when the future of the airport gets reported on. The vast majority of people commenting seem to look backwards as a reason for them dismissing the possibility of it reopening. I doubt we’ll ever get A320 or 737 traffic but electric/hydrogen cell regional and air taxi aircraft are the way ahead for city airports of Plymouth size - PCC would be derelict in their duty not to grab this opportunity.

Reactions: leeroy221