Playing squad 2022/2023 & pre-season games | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Playing squad 2022/2023 & pre-season games

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Key dates
Saturday 30 July - League One season begins.

Keepers
1 Mike Cooper
25 Callum Burton

Defenders
5 James Wilson
6 Dan Scarr
3 Macauley Gillesphey
2 James Bolton
22 Brendan Galloway
8 Joe Edwards – wing back
15 Conor Grant – wing back
14 Mickel Miller - left wing-back/forward, new signing from Rotherham. Two year contract.
17 Bali Mumba - right wing-back, season-long loan from Norwich City.
21 Nigel Lonwijk - central defender, season-long loan from Wolves.

Midfielders
4 Jordan Houghton
20 Adam Randell
10 Danny Mayor
28 Panutche Camara – available for transfer
7 Matt Butcher - new signing from Accrington. Two year contract.
18 Finn Azaz - season-long loan from Aston Villa.

Strikers
9 Ryan Hardie
31 Luke Jephcott
11 Niall Ennis
19 Morgan Whittaker - season-long loan from Swansea.

Youngsters
36 Finley Craske
44 Will Jenkins-Davies
43 Oscar Halls

Pre-season games

Plymouth Parkway
- Saturday 2 July, kick-off 3pm, Bolitho Park.
Result: 2-2. Hardie, Edwards.

Training camp in Spain until 9 July.
Argyle 15 - 1 Europa Point.

Swansea City - Tuesday 12 July, kick-off 7.30pm, Home Park.
Result: 1-1, Hardie.

Bristol City - Saturday 16 July, kick-off 3pm, Home Park.
Result: 0-1.

Tavistock - v an Argyle XI, Sunday 17 July, Langsford Park. Also Argyle Legends v Tavi Legends.

Torquay United - Tuesday 19 July, kick-off 7.45pm, Plainmoor.
Result: 0 - 5. Mayor 2, Azaz, Randell, Endacott.

Yeovil Town - Saturday 23 July, kick-off 3pm, Huish Park.
Result: 0 - 2. Hardie, Azaz. Mumba sent off.

Truro City - Tuesday 26 July, kick-off 7.45pm Bolitho Park. Cancelled

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
How refreshing to have a decent squad heading into the summer! Here's hoping we can keep the majority of the side and add some decent reinforcements... I'm tempted to put a cheeky bet on Automatic Promotion if so!

Aug 10, 2006
How refreshing to have a decent squad heading into the summer! Here's hoping we can keep the majority of the side and add some decent reinforcements... I'm tempted to put a cheeky bet on Automatic Promotion if so!
need at least 6 new players 1 a goal scorer.

Reactions: slingsbypobble
Jul 17, 2011
Here is what I’d do:

Sell jephcott to l2 for 100/200k

With that money buy Garrick

Get a tall CF who can play differently to others - keiffer Moore, sam vokes type of player

Try and buy broom but only at right price- no more than 250k.

Get 1 tenacious midfielder in who’s a bit of a **** that will win tackles to allow Houghton and mayor to get on with it when camara is out on international or injured.

if we cash in on cooper which is likely to be upwards to 10 million - we could have an amazing budget next season!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
It should definitely be easier to attract decent players after finishing 7th as opposed to 18th last year.
You would hope BG.

Add in to the mix the calibre of the management team and the dressing room spirit...and we all live in hope! (y) :ROFLMAO:

Caribou

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jan 4, 2011
Gloucestershire
Here is what I’d do:

Sell jephcott to l2 for 100/200k

With that money buy Garrick

Get a tall CF who can play differently to others - keiffer Moore, sam vokes type of player

Try and buy broom but only at right price- no more than 250k.

Get 1 tenacious midfielder in who’s a bit of a **** that will win tackles to allow Houghton and mayor to get on with it when camara is out on international or injured.

if we cash in on cooper which is likely to be upwards to 10 million - we could have an amazing budget next season!
Is there anyone in L2 paying six figures for players these days?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Will be interesting to see what pre season friendlies we get this year , with the season starting end of July I would expect us to start pre season around last week in June ( around 7 weeks away ) . Expect we will hear in next week or so .

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
A quick, mobile RCB, an aggressive defensive midfielder, a goal-scoring, inverted, right-sided attacking midfielder, a target man and a quick, nimble finisher.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Is there anyone in L2 paying six figures for players these days?
I doubt it and I'm sure Jephcott would have no interest in such a move either. As for Driscollberg's 250k for Broome, I don't think any club would pay anything like that for him and I don't think Argyle should pay more than a nominal 50k if anything at all to secure him. Were we to achieve 10 million for Cooper I wouldn't envisage more than a third to a half being invested in the playing side throughout the club and even less on the first team budget over several years.

Reactions: Dorset Green
Jun 24, 2008
Providing everyone on that list stays, I would say our key targets (perm contracts) should be:

1. Striker - Obviously need to replace Garrick. I'm not against Garrick returning as I really liked him but even with him I see our weakest option as Jephcott. He should have taken 2 of his chances against MK, still in disbelief that he couldn't hit the target and it cost us.
2. RWB - Eddy missed games towards the end and we're light for cover in this position.
3. CM - Cover for Broom. Broom was a decent option but I wouldn't bring him back unless the money was right.

& couple of loans to bulk squad out.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Will be interesting to see what pre season friendlies we get this year , with the season starting end of July I would expect us to start pre season around last week in June ( around 7 weeks away ) . Expect we will hear in next week or so .

Players due back in 7 weeks team and reckon the game front it be more or less the same luke pre season games gone by