Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":3lwq4f4f said:
One thing we missed last season (apart from the whole defence :facepalm: ) was the engine in midfield. We didn't replace Sarcs. Camara isn't that player at all. With a decent holding midfield and an engine then DM10 can do his thing. Coops and DM10 as the 2 X CM? I really hope not we would be over run.

Only my opinion mind. In sure RL has his plans after learning from.last season.

I like (on paper) the signings so far :thumbup:

Not sure how Sarcevic is classed as an engine but Camara isn't when the latter visibly does more running than anyone on the pitch.

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":1430p8mh said:
rsp4":1430p8mh said:
One thing we missed last season (apart from the whole defence :facepalm: ) was the engine in midfield. We didn't replace Sarcs. Camara isn't that player at all. With a decent holding midfield and an engine then DM10 can do his thing. Coops and DM10 as the 2 X CM? I really hope not we would be over run.

Not sure how Sarcevic is classed as an engine but Camara isn't when the latter visibly does more running than anyone on the pitch.

Got to agree with Knibbsworth. Camara was the definition of a box to box midfielder last season. Unfortunately, he just ran out of steam towards the end.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":3sm7y07d said:
Knibbsworth":3sm7y07d said:
rsp4":3sm7y07d said:

Got to agree with Knibbsworth. Camara was the definition of a box to box midfielder last season. Unfortunately, he just ran out of steam towards the end.
Camara needs to improve his finishing. Because of his energy, he got into some great scoring positions but could not convert with feet or head. I agree that he ‘ran out of steam’ in the second half of the season.

Apr 1, 2009
Fergy":2j4n82dw said:
Cooper

Edwards, Bolton, Wilson, Gillesphey, Grant

Houghton

Cooper, Camara, Mayor

Ennis

OR

Cooper

Bolton, Wilson, Gillesphey, Grant

Cooper, Houghton, Edwards, Mayor,

Ennis / Hardie

Jephcott

Amongst those advocating playing Cooper and Mayor as RM and LM, at least you have demonstrated formations where this could happen. Lowe still maintains he will play 3 at the back, so to fit both Cooper and Mayor in, you've had (in your 1st line up) to lose a striker. That's actually a formation I like. If you play 3ATB with wingbacks, and 2 strikers, I think the luxury of Mayor and Cooper together would be overrun, putting huge pressure on Houghton in particular.

I noted that Lowe (last week) was still taking of Cooper as a LWB, which alarms me.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cooper as a LWB isn't too bad with a decent left sided centre-back and a defensive midfielder behind him and able to shuffle across and cover him.

For most of last season when Cooper played he had Watts behind him and Fornah or Macleod behind him and they struggled whereas when Cooper was on loan the previous season Sawyer and Josh Grant covered for him and it showed.

So I think to get the best out of Cooper at LWB the team needs a good left sided centre-back and a good defensive midfielder.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I reckon if Brendan Galloway signs, he will be our first choice LWB next season.
Obviously with the caveat he is 100% fit that is!

Aug 17, 2005
Cooper only started exercise on an anti gravity treadmill a few weeks ago. Whilst I know nothing cannot see him playing much this side of xmas. They won't rush him back.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":10nsikkp said:
davie nine":10nsikkp said:
I really hope that we are not going to rely on too many loan players.

Well we haven't signed any yet :)
It seems that we’re not going to. At least, not young one from higher leagues.
Bold decision and good news for young Academy lads.

Sep 25, 2010
Noted that he said, ‘young’,loan players from Premier clubs, doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t have any loan players at all.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":qc3z700z said:
Noted that he said, ‘young’,loan players from Premier clubs, doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t have any loan players at all.

Exactly. Hardie and George Cooper were loaned from clubs similar in stature to Argyle, loan players don't always have to be from the PL or Championship.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
GreenBiker":1hc9n2kf said:
Who will get the No 7 shirt????????

A new signing I reckon.