Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Doubt it would happen with our current squad as it would mean 1 from 3 forwards, but would love to see 3-4-3

Cooper

Scar Wilson Gillesphey

Bolton/Edwards Houghton Grant ??

Cooper Mayor

Ennis

Jul 6, 2011
Adam_R":x100ofkq said:
Doubt it would happen with our current squad as it would mean 1 from 3 forwards, but would love to see 3-4-3

Cooper

Scar Wilson Gillesphey

Bolton/Edwards Houghton Grant ??

Cooper Mayor

Ennis

Frankly I would put camara on the bench, but I can't see Lowe doing that. Also I would prefer to see Jephcott and Hardie start up front with Ennis being brought on when the oppo is begining to tire or start with Jeffers and Ennis (not really my 1st choice).

Sep 8, 2013
Things are really starting to get interesting now with a new blend of players who, hopefully, can soon gel and get some good results. Now let’s hope that all will be well for spectator numbers so that HP can get buzzing once again. :thumbs:

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Things shaping up nicely.

A left wing back, an attacking midfielder and a striker and I reckon we're just about there.

If we were playing tomorrow, I would go;

M.Cooper

Bolton
Wilson
Gillesphey

Houghton

Edwards
G.Cooper (if fit) / Canara (if not)
Mayor
Grant

Ennis
Hardie

Bit unfair on Scarr as I've not seen him play yet, nor any of the other three, come to that!

Mar 14, 2009
I honestly think we need another engine room CM. I feel we also need a midfielder with an end product from wide positions.

If Galloway impresses Lowe l think that’s him pencilled in for LWB.

Finally, l think we need one player who can provide more physicality in that forward line.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We still have loan players to come in, Lowe has used the full quota in both of his seasons but I don't think he'll be signing so many this season coming.
Loan players usually arrive much later in the summer after clubs finalise their squads.

Oct 5, 2013
In my view Mayor is the player we need on the right to put in crosses.
Have never understood why RL only plays him on the left when he hardly ever gets in a cross left-footed!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cooper was crap before his injury last season and has a bit to prove at this level for me. Plus we don't know how he will be after his injury.
I'd start with Camara over Cooper initlially. Camara will cover the ground better too.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Emu":2l4ec3hg said:
Cooper was crap before his injury last season and has a bit to prove at this level for me. Plus we don't know how he will be after his injury.
I'd start with Camara over Cooper initlially. Camara will cover the ground better too.
That is a bit unfair on Cooper. Of the first 17 league games, he started in 10, came on as a sub in 2 and missed 5.
In those games, he scored 1 and provided 2 assists. Maybe, he was already carrying an injury until he was taken off at Crewe on 15th December.

Mar 14, 2009
If we play 3-1-4-2 and play Mayor and Cooper at CM or CAM (however you see that position) we will get absolutely over run in the middle of the park.

It’s bad enough Mayor is in that position and drifts to the left and leaves a huge gap. Thankfully, Camara was in there last season covering some of the ground Mayor left exposed.

Everyone talks about our defence being key this season. For me we will have a successful season if Lowe has learnt. Last season the season our defence was so bad wasn’t just because Watts and Opoku weren’t good enough. It was the players in front of them too.

People kept saying about our second half performances. It’s no coincidence they dropped as soon as Mayor’s performance levels dropped. He doesn’t have an Edwards or a Camara engine to play that position.

If Lowe doesn’t tweak the system slightly then god help us because teams will run through us.

As for Cooper l know he was inconsistent. Yet a lot of people love Mayor. Well Cooper has more of an end product with his crossing than Mayor. He is a proper two footed player. How many of those type players you get to see at lower league level.

I just hope we get to see Cooper and Mayor in more advanced positions and leave the defensive responsibilities to people like Camara, Houghton and one other.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ndhlgz4 said:
If we play 3-1-4-2 and play Mayor and Cooper at CM or CAM (however you see that position) we will get absolutely over run in the middle of the park.

It’s bad enough Mayor is in that position and drifts to the left and leaves a huge gap. Thankfully, Camara was in there last season covering some of the ground Mayor left exposed.

Everyone talks about our defence being key this season. For me we will have a successful season if Lowe has learnt. Last season the season our defence was so bad wasn’t just because Watts and Opoku weren’t good enough. It was the players in front of them too.

People kept saying about our second half performances. It’s no coincidence they dropped as soon as Mayor’s performance levels dropped. He doesn’t have an Edwards or a Camara engine to play that position.

If Lowe doesn’t tweak the system slightly then god help us because teams will run through us.

As for Cooper l know he was inconsistent. Yet a lot of people love Mayor. Well Cooper has more of an end product with his crossing than Mayor. He is a proper two footed player. How many of those type players you get to see at lower league level.

I just hope we get to see Cooper and Mayor in more advanced positions and leave the defensive responsibilities to people like Camara, Houghton and one other.

Totally agree, I love to see Mayor and George Cooper (when he’s back fit) played in the LM and RM roles

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
davie nine":1s0tb1ub said:
Emu":1s0tb1ub said:
That is a bit unfair on Cooper. Of the first 17 league games, he started in 10, came on as a sub in 2 and missed 5.
In those games, he scored 1 and provided 2 assists. Maybe, he was already carrying an injury until he was taken off at Crewe on 15th December.

I'm a Cooper fan and I hope he hits top form when he returns. Just felt he was a bit below par when he did play last season. Maybe you were right and he was playing with an injury.

Oct 31, 2015
One thing we missed last season (apart from the whole defence :facepalm: ) was the engine in midfield. We didn't replace Sarcs. Camara isn't that player at all. With a decent holding midfield and an engine then DM10 can do his thing. Coops and DM10 as the 2 X CM? I really hope not we would be over run.

Only my opinion mind. In sure RL has his plans after learning from.last season.

I like (on paper) the signings so far :thumbup:

Oct 5, 2013
Thought the interview with Jordan Houghton was great, found him really bright and articulate and look forward to seeing how he performs nowadays.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Cooper

Edwards, Bolton, Wilson, Gillesphey, Grant

Houghton

Cooper, Camara, Mayor

Ennis

OR

Cooper

Bolton, Wilson, Gillesphey, Grant

Cooper, Houghton, Edwards, Mayor,

Ennis / Hardie