Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes

Jun 18, 2016
Martyn":2l1tb2j6 said:
Just wondering, but will George Cooper, be fit for the start of the season. Or will his recovery be longer.

Not expecting an exact answer, just curious.

He's only just started to run again on an anti-gravity treadmill so id be surprised if he's ready for 2 weeks time

Sep 25, 2010
MikeeeB":573mpmhv said:
Martyn":573mpmhv said:
Just wondering, but will George Cooper, be fit for the start of the season. Or will his recovery be longer.

He's only just started to run again on an anti-gravity treadmill so id be surprised if he's ready for 2 weeks time

What the heck is an anti-gravity treadmill, :shock:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Martyn":q9kuvad6 said:
MikeeeB":q9kuvad6 said:
Martyn":q9kuvad6 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP6A78OBfFx ... d083997b37

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Squad starting to come together now with the renewals and new lads. I think we still need 6 or 7 more, namely a backup keeper, another centre back, a dedicated right wing-back, a holding midfielder and a target man. We could possibly do with an extra centre mid and a left wing-back, but we are well covered in those areas.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ottawa Green":1fyw3l5w said:
Martyn":1fyw3l5w said:
MikeeeB":1fyw3l5w said:
Martyn":1fyw3l5w said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP6A78OBfFx ... d083997b37

From the pic it looks to be everything I imagined it would be. GC's body weight is supported by air pressure, which takes gravity out of the equation. A bit like a hydrotherapy pool, but only much better. Weight off his legs encourages him to exercise his legs muscles and knee joint to build up their fitness levels until such time as the physio feels his leg/s are strong enough for normal exercises subject to normal gravity weight. I get the feel he has a way to go yet before he is back into competitive
training, but I am no physio. Let's hope he will be performing at HP as soon as he can.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Martyn":3ml47slj said:
MikeeeB":3ml47slj said:
Martyn":3ml47slj said:

I used to have one but one day I left the skylight open :sad:

Jun 16, 2021
We still have a massive shopping list with at least 7 players required IMHO.
Who knows at this stage whether we will be competitive or not but I will stick my neck out and say we will concede less than 80 goals so thats a start in the right direction :scarf:

Mar 14, 2009
It depends what formation we play.

The reason why l say this is because we have a person like G Cooper.

Now he could play left mid, right mid or cam. Yet if we play a 3-1-4-2 the only spot for him is LWB. Which we all seen at league two level his defending isn’t good enough.

I think we have already some decent players. Mayor, G Cooper and Ennis. However, you need to play them in positions which will benefit them and hurt the opponent.

Jephcott had a poor run in second half because of the service he gets. He isn’t particularly quick. He isn’t that physical with his back to goal. Yet he comes alive in the box. However, our delivery from wide positions was appalling from January onwards. Edwards isn’t the best crosser of a ball. His strength is driving from deep.

I’d say the most important recruitment this season will be wing backs who can cross a ball. Otherwise we will end up relying too much on Mayor.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We certainly have players who can put in decent crosses from the left, G Cooper, C Grant and R Law but we really have been poor from the right. Those 3, plus Mayor, are capable of putting in ‘curling’ crosses that are difficult to defend but we have nobody in the current squad that can do the same from the right. In fact, I’m struggling to think of the last player who could consistently curl the ball in from the right. Help!!!

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":1bgsrfp6 said:
We certainly have players who can put in decent crosses from the left, G Cooper, C Grant and R Law but we really have been poor from the right. Those 3, plus Mayor, are capable of putting in ‘curling’ crosses that are difficult to defend but we have nobody in the current squad that can do the same from the right. In fact, I’m struggling to think of the last player who could consistently curl the ball in from the right. Help!!!

Someone like Paul Gallagher but that’s going back to the 08/09 season.

Had intelligence on the ball and a beautiful right foot.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":1dj9z1yb said:

Adam Randell can. Saw him do it for when playing for Torquay.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":rqiv6axt said:

Now he could play left mid, right mid or cam. Yet if we play a 3-1-4-2 the only spot for him is LWB. Which we all seen at league two level his defending isn’t good enough.

I think we have already some decent players. Mayor, G Cooper and Ennis. However, you need to play them in positions which will benefit them and hurt the opponent.

Jephcott had a poor run in second half because of the service he gets. He isn’t particularly quick. He isn’t that physical with his back to goal. Yet he comes alive in the box. However, our delivery from wide positions was appalling from January onwards. Edwards isn’t the best crosser of a ball. His strength is driving from deep.

I’d say the most important recruitment this season will be wing backs who can cross a ball. Otherwise we will end up relying too much on Mayor.

MGM I’d love to see George Cooper played RM personally…

Mar 14, 2009
JannerinCardiff":cplmzniu said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":cplmzniu said:

MGM I’d love to see George Cooper played RM personally…

It’s like we talk about Randall. I can’t see him playing CDM on his own in front of a back 3. He could play further forward alongside Camara at CM. However, l can see also see him playing in a two in front of the back 3.

If you take out one of the forwards from the team and flanked that player with Mayor and Cooper it means they have less defensive responsibilities and can provide Argyle extra width. You put them in a team that allows you to play Camara in CM and one other.

You could even have Cooper or Mayor at CAM with Ennis in front of them and play the rest of the system.

I honestly think we have some good pieces but we forcing pieces together. Last season l watched us and thought why on earth we playing two forwards when we haven’t given them the platform to supply them.