Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Playing squad 2021/2022 & pre-season games + minutes

Mar 14, 2009
Tonight Chelsea are playing a 3-4-2-1.

I always wondered why Argyle with Mayor and G Cooper couldn’t adopt this system with Ennis or Hardie up top. It allows you to give the dribbling players more freedom to roam.

Then you got two holding players, where Randall could be used perhaps and gives the wing backs more security to roam forward.

May 8, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":2p5dqez5 said:
Look Carey was a top player. However, people have short memories. The season we got relegated he was very average. And that’s me being kind.

I’m grateful for the wonderful seasons before this but he is past history. People are living on distorted memories because they wiped/erased his final year with us.

It’s like Adams. Because of how well he is doing with Morecambe and maybe they become league one outfit, which l think they will because Adams will be motivated by some unfinished business with Ellison and his celebration.

However even if he gets them promoted it doesn’t re-write history. It doesn’t rewrite the fact we couldn’t win at HP on a Tuesday evening. It doesn’t re-write the fact we shipped in 80 goals in his final season. It doesn’t rewrite the fact his tactics were to stop teams from playing. So much so he substitute another left back in at left midfield in order for us to try and hold onto a win. It doesn’t stop the fact the Taylor was often isolated on his own and we relied heavily on one moment of Carey or Lameiras magic to win the game. Then we’d sit back to hold on for grim death. It doesn’t stop the fact the football was ****.

All this looking in the past is strange. They moved on or we moved on for a reason. Maybe because this club hasn’t been successful that anything good that’s happened we hold onto it for grim death. However, we will get new heroes. And they will move on to. If we want and obtain championship football our new heroes will be better than Carey and Lameiras but they will be put always of a proud past.

Simple fact is that the owner made a big error by sacking Adams.

If you read this interview https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... 427873.amp

you wonder why he didn’t apply the same logic to Adams.

Mar 14, 2009
HC Green":2tzqs5ce said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tzqs5ce said:
Look Carey was a top player. However, people have short memories. The season we got relegated he was very average. And that’s me being kind.

I’m grateful for the wonderful seasons before this but he is past history. People are living on distorted memories because they wiped/erased his final year with us.

It’s like Adams. Because of how well he is doing with Morecambe and maybe they become league one outfit, which l think they will because Adams will be motivated by some unfinished business with Ellison and his celebration.

However even if he gets them promoted it doesn’t re-write history. It doesn’t rewrite the fact we couldn’t win at HP on a Tuesday evening. It doesn’t re-write the fact we shipped in 80 goals in his final season. It doesn’t rewrite the fact his tactics were to stop teams from playing. So much so he substitute another left back in at left midfield in order for us to try and hold onto a win. It doesn’t stop the fact the Taylor was often isolated on his own and we relied heavily on one moment of Carey or Lameiras magic to win the game. Then we’d sit back to hold on for grim death. It doesn’t stop the fact the football was ****.

All this looking in the past is strange. They moved on or we moved on for a reason. Maybe because this club hasn’t been successful that anything good that’s happened we hold onto it for grim death. However, we will get new heroes. And they will move on to. If we want and obtain championship football our new heroes will be better than Carey and Lameiras but they will be put always of a proud past.

If you read this interview https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... 427873.amp

Your logic is so twisted you have to make stuff up in your mind to even back up your points.

Hallett didn’t make a mistake. The football was dire. His tactics were dire. However, unfortunately you don’t want to admit your opinion was wrong. Unfortunately, the relegation back to league two said you were. After four years in charge your opinion about Adams time in charge of Argyle is based on myth.

Deal in the reality. The relegation in his fourth season in charge of us. The writing was on the wall with the spells we couldn’t buy a win for love or money. It got to a point even when we won games you sat there wondering how. We literally hold on. Then Adams come out with ludicrous post match interviews saying how well we played.

Thankfully, Derek Adams is never coming back. Move on, Support the current manager and team.

If Lowe doesn’t improve with his in game tactics, given his bad runs this season, he will go the same way. However, he only has had two seasons in charge. And within this time frame he has had to deal with the brutality of a Covid-19 fixture list.

l fancy Morecambe to win on Monday. I appreciate what he has done there. However, even if he gets them promoted it means absolutely nothing because he failed at Argyle. Morecambe's future success means nothing to us.

Jul 28, 2020
HC Green":341f38ym said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":341f38ym said:

I think the blame for Argyle’s relegation 2018-2019, was probably 60% Adams, and 40% the boardroom.

But Adams made the mistake of staying on to oversea budget cuts- it’s the same mistake that many managers have made, and who can blame him on the back of a 5 year contract ? With hindsight DA possibly may wish he’d left at the end of the 2017-2018 season- he’d built up a very good squad- but the writing was on the wall when the board allowed Fleetwood to outbid us for “Dave”.

I remember reading Ian Holloway’s article in which he said he regretted staying on to oversea a cut in playing budget at Bristol Rovers- and he made sure that he didn’t repeat the same mistake, when faced with the same situation at Argyle some years later.

Although you had to feel sorry for DA , because I’m sure that TM, ASB and PG weren’t even his 5th choice signings . Then again he did sign Wootton, Stuart o keefe and Joe Riley ... and they weren’t...erm....much good...,

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
When Derek Adams arrived he inherited a League 2 team containing the likes of McCormick, McHugh, Hartley, Nelson, Reid, Brunt etc. When Derek Adams was relieved of his duties, he left us, a League 2 team, with a far weaker set of players than he inherited.

So overall, on the field, we achieved absolutely nothing under Adams, and therefore I'm at a total loss as to why it was a mistake to sack him?

He did brilliantly to get Morecambe up last season, but let's not go rewriting history.

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":3vba4143 said:
When Derek Adams arrived he inherited a League 2 team containing the likes of McCormick, McHugh, Hartley, Nelson, Reid, Brunt etc. When Derek Adams was relieved of his duties, he left us, a League 2 team, with a far weaker set of players than he inherited.

So overall, on the field, we achieved absolutely nothing under Adams, and therefore I'm at a total loss as to why it was a mistake to sack him?

He did brilliantly to get Morecambe up last season, but let's not go rewriting history.

You’ve just rewritten history as we weren’t League 2 when he was sacked, and as you implied on another post it was more likely a commercial decision to sack him and not a football one.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
We won the solitary game after he was sacked, so yes, we were effectively a League Two team. Surely, you’re not suggesting had he stayed for that game we would have survived?

He joined us in League Two and we ended up in League Two. During his tenure, therefore, we achieved the square root of bugger all.

Now, we all get that you have a weird infatuation with our former manager, but will you please, please, please, give it a rest?!

Support the current manager, and when he’s gone, support the next one.

Oct 31, 2015
HC Green":31vcjrdu said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":31vcjrdu said:

:facepalm: Hmm I think not. Your support of DA is laudable but please.
He should have got sacked earlier in that season but was lucky Simon H was tolerant. After the 0-5 at Stanley there is no way he could stay. That team was a lot better than last season's but he managed to get them relegated.

Big error :funny:

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Alan Turing":3jy9ruid said:
We won the solitary game after he was sacked, so yes, we were effectively a League Two team. Surely, you’re not suggesting had he stayed for that game we would have survived?

He joined us in League Two and we ended up in League Two. During his tenure, therefore, we achieved the square root of bugger all.

Now, we all get that you have a weird infatuation with our former manager, but will you please, please, please, give it a rest?!

Support the current manager, and when he’s gone, support the next one.

If there was a LIKE button this post would definitely get a click from me !

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Can we please go back to the subject in question?

We now have a makeshift X1!

M.Cooper

Edwards
Wilson
Tomlinson
Law

Randell
Grant

G.Cooper
Mayor

Hardie
Ennis

Just a backup keeper, a right back, 3 centre backs, a left back, 1 holding midfield, 1 attacking midfield and 2 strikers to go.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
That is a rather large shopping list - hope we dont leave it to the last minute else we will no doubt be scrabbling around looking at the scraps available

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
davie nine":3p2damvs said:
I really hope that we are not going to rely on too many loan players.

Well we haven't signed any yet :)

Sep 25, 2010
Just wondering, but will George Cooper, be fit for the start of the season. Or will his recovery be longer.

Not expecting an exact answer, just curious.