Player of the season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Player of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2004
Gibson. Easy decision. Consistently excellent all season in an every changing back 3 or 4 and keeper.
You may choose Gibson, fair enough, he has had a good season, but I dont see how you can say it is an "easy decision" to pick him over a player with 20 goals and 8 assists. many of whose goals came from nothing and without which we would have been relegated weeks ago.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Whitaker of the first half of the season.

Struggle for the second half but that’s probably not the fault of the players.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Think Houghton played excellent for the first half of the season. He adjusted very well in the championship. Tbh I thought he would struggle in this league. Some say Gibson and theres definitely an argument there he's been excellent all season

However it has to be Whittacker 20 Goals in a struggling team. Championship team of the season. I can't see it any other way.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I’m not knocking Gibson and he would be my second choice, but we have conceded 69 goals and are the fourth worst defensive team in the league. Not sure any of the defensive corps could justify winning the award.

Morgs has gone off the boil recently, but since the half way point he has still scored 7 of his 19 goals and has 4 of his 8 assists.

It would, in my opinion of course, be daylight robbery if anyone other than him wins it. Without him our championship status would already be gone.

Reactions: Argy1e
Dec 30, 2020
I’m not knocking Gibson and he would be my second choice, but we have conceded 69 goals and are the fourth worst defensive team in the league. Not sure any of the defensive corps could justify winning the award.

Morgs has gone off the boil recently, but since the half way point he has still scored 7 of his 19 goals and has 4 of his 8 assists.

It would, in my opinion of course, be daylight robbery if anyone other than him wins it. Without him our championship status would already be gone.

Agree with this. Also worth noting in the context of recent form that Whittaker has played over 500 minutes more than Gibson, over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.