Peter Jones RIP | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Jones RIP

Sep 22, 2020
very sad news. a man of principle he stood up to stapleton, gil etc all when greed started to take over the run by fans for the fans board.

not sure about the change of green though in 2000!

RIP.

Reactions: Argyle sy

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Thank you Doc, that explanation of “Ocean City” is really interesting &, for me, timely; I was wondering, only recently, as to its derivation…Last week, the question; now, the answer !
So clearly passionate for Plymouth & for Argyle.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
RIP Peter.
Argyle through and through, it's certainly a sad day today.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Very sad news. He and Nick Warren were the two members of the board, down to earth Argyle fans of the Sturrock era, who would join us in the pubs and on the terraces on away days. Many memories.

RIP Pilgrim.
Agreed but add to that Phill Gill also a true green

RIP Peter

Dec 21, 2010
Very sad day for all Greens and particularly Peter's family. We travelled often by train together and had many issues we both agreed and disagreed on, particularly when I was Chair of the AFT. A magnanimous gentleman and a great friend of Michael Foot, whose knitted scarf he kindly donated to the Trust. You will be missed Peter.

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
From my memory Peter was very close to us fans and used this forum to communicate. It was clear from his posts that he was passionate about Argyle and its a real shame to lose another intelligent and passionate Argyle fan.
RIP Peter. Thoughts with family and friends.

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
I met him a number of times including at Michael Foot's cremation ceremony at Golders Green Crematorium. We both admired the Green Argyle scarf on Michael's coffin but hesitated to join in the 'Red Flag'! He was crucial to Michael's physical links to Argyle in Michael's later years by driving him to matches home and away. A great servant of the Club.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Very sad news. Had the pleasure of meeting Peter a couple of times.

RIP

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
RIP Peter. Very sad. Condolences to his family. 😢😢😢

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Very saddened to hear this news. Peter was a true gent, never backward in coming forward and had a remarkable memory. The last time I saw him he remembered something I’d said to him the previous time we’d met, some two years before. On the other hand, he called me the man from the European Commission, although I’m fairly sure he did that on purpose. I liked his Ocean City and he liked that I liked his green. At one time he was a regular if not frequent contributor to this site, and he wasn’t shy of a “discussion”. We have lost someone who played a pivotal role in the history of our club. RIP Peter.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Such sad news Peter had a wonderful sense of humor, he did a lot of work behind the scenes at PAFC with the board. Will be sadly missed RIP Peter.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I am desperately sad to hear of Peter's death; he could have been no age at all.
Like so many, I got to know him on the Contingency Group. He was Argyle to his very core, very intelligent, a shrewd man, could be very diplomatic and - on occasion - quite sharp in his observations. But he was always friendly and respectful - even to people who did not share his view, a rarity in football club circles.
We shared a love for Steely Dan and had many a chat about the relative merits of Gaucho versus Aja, or similar. Today we learn the value of loyalty - Peter had it in spades.
Rest in Peace Peter, I shall miss you hugely. One of the good ones.
Peter Ryan.