Paul Wotton new Truro Manager | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Wotton new Truro Manager

Apr 16, 2018
Gave everything for our club and some.why wouldn't you wish him all the best in his future carer, im sure he was hurting as much as the rest of us when we got relegated. and probably still is,sometimes some of you are so unforgiving, :furious:

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Ashburton green":uluy9wt1 said:
Gave everything for our club and some.why wouldn't you wish him all the best in his future carer, im sure he was hurting as much as the rest of us when we got relegated. and probably still is,sometimes some of you are so unforgiving, :furious:
You've only got to look back to Burnley v Argyle and the tears from the very young Wotton after we were relegated to Division 4 in the first time in our history. It matters, he's local and he gets it. If we had a younger Wotton in our defensive mid last season for the last 10 games we wouldn't have gone down.

Flawed? Probably, but who isn't. Passionate about all things Argyle and a huge servant to the club? Certainly. Good luck Paul, may you have much success as a manager.

Sep 18, 2005
Herts_Green":3cp0mvec said:
He absolutely was a legend as a player - he played a huge part in the turnaround that the club experienced going from League 2 to the Championship. If we had a leader in the team like him last season I donā€™t think we would have gone down.

However I happen to think he will be a very poor manager. Not just because of what happened last season with him as assistant but I never thought he came across as being particularly intelligent in the way he spoke about the game and I also thought he seemed a bit arrogant. Not qualities that make a great manager. Like I said though I wish him and Truro all the best, I hope he does really well there.
Lets hope he makes a better manager than he did a defensive coach, most of last seasons problems stemmed from being the second most useless defensive side in the division,and he was mostly responsible

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Well good luck ti nim. Can't understand ewhy anyone would say: 'Good riddance' to anyone who played that many games for us. Wish he'd played his whole career at CH but that's just my (humble) opinion!

Just mentioned on Spotlight that it is a complete triangle:
Bury boss to Argyle,
Truro Boss to Bury,
Argyle (Assistant ) Boss to Truro!! :scarf:

Mar 18, 2014
Paul Wotton was the assistant manager last year, feag, not the defensive coach. You obviously are trying to be cleaver, when in fact you are totally dim

meetoo

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Good luck Wottsy, if Iā€™d known yesterday Iā€™d have paid for your celebratory Maccy D in Plymstock :)

Aug 5, 2016
One of his great achievements was saving us from relegation to the Conference in his mid to late thirties I genuinely don't think we would have stayed up without him.

Jul 12, 2016
OK as a player but always struck me as a bit of a bully lacking in communication skills on the couple of occasions I met him.. Out of depth last season so will be interesting to see how he copes at Truro

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
April 1971":2diqn1ka said:
Great to see Paul sorted out with a good opportunity, some people on here really lack class!

Yep.

He had his critics but heā€™s still new to the job and his playing days alone earns him more respect.

Short sightedness.

Voice of Reason

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 30, 2004
Thanks Oldage. My Ladbrokes account looking healthier now. Had you as a banker to say something negative and crass.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
feag":2si1hvyy said:
Herts_Green":2si1hvyy said:
He absolutely was a legend as a player - he played a huge part in the turnaround that the club experienced going from League 2 to the Championship. If we had a leader in the team like him last season I donā€™t think we would have gone down.

However I happen to think he will be a very poor manager. Not just because of what happened last season with him as assistant but I never thought he came across as being particularly intelligent in the way he spoke about the game and I also thought he seemed a bit arrogant. Not qualities that make a great manager. Like I said though I wish him and Truro all the best, I hope he does really well there.
Lets hope he makes a better manager than he did a defensive coach, most of last seasons problems stemmed from being the second most useless defensive side in the division,and he was mostly responsible

Do you think anyone else would have fared better with the defenders he was trusted to organise?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":1blaake3 said:
OK as a player but always struck me as a bit of a bully lacking in communication skills on the couple of occasions I met him.. Out of depth last season so will be interesting to see how he copes at Truro

Can I ask what bullying you witnessed on the 'two occasions you met him'

It amazes me how some supporters can be so crass when speaking of someone who served the club over many years. Ok, in the end things werenā€™t so good, but why not just thank him for all his years of service to his hometown club and wish him well in the next stage of his career. Former promotion winning club captain, surely he deserves better than some of the crap written on here.
Comments like these and the other jerk who simply said good riddance, beggars belief really.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Good luck Wottsy

One of my favourite Argyle players

Happy Memories Of Champions 2002 & 2004 & the championship years

Our joint 2nd highest appearance Holder

Thanks to pasoti I won his signed framed shirt in 2013 at sponsors lunch and he was happy to sign my signs , books & football

Always be a Argyle Legend