Paul Wotton new Truro Manager | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Wotton new Truro Manager

Jul 14, 2008
He absolutely was a legend as a player - he played a huge part in the turnaround that the club experienced going from League 2 to the Championship. If we had a leader in the team like him last season I don’t think we would have gone down.

However I happen to think he will be a very poor manager. Not just because of what happened last season with him as assistant but I never thought he came across as being particularly intelligent in the way he spoke about the game and I also thought he seemed a bit arrogant. Not qualities that make a great manager. Like I said though I wish him and Truro all the best, I hope he does really well there.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Herts_Green":3rbq0usu said:
He absolutely was a legend as a player - he played a huge part in the turnaround that the club experienced going from League 2 to the Championship. If we had a leader in the team like him last season I don’t think we would have gone down.

However I happen to think he will be a very poor manager. Not just because of what happened last season with him as assistant but I never thought he came across as being particularly intelligent in the way he spoke about the game and I also thought he seemed a bit arrogant. Not qualities that make a great manager. Like I said though I wish him and Truro all the best, I hope he does really well there.
Got to disagree with you there. Good luck Paul (after next Tuesday).

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
davegreenarmy":4blqptnr said:
Argyle Legend. Good luck and best wishes.

Absolutely.

I find it surprising, even though we're in these modern times, that fellow Argyle fans can be so rude about an Argyle legend who has just been given his first shot at management.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Who said arrogance isn't a virtue of a great manager:

Clough
Shankley
Wenger
Sir Alex
Jose

all very arrogant to anyone who questioned them. PW may not succeed but i'm not sure your case would stand up against him. I would also point to some of Argyles greatest managers entrusting him with the armband, not something that a succession of managers would do surely to unintelligent and arrogant individual?

Any true Argyle fan not wishing PW the best in his new venture is beyond strange.

Apr 9, 2011
Vampires11":1w972fe2 said:
Some people :furious:

he is the only player to captain Argyle to two promotions, champions on both occasions

joint second on the all-time appearance list, > 60 goals.

As far as Argyle are concerned, he deserves the word Legend to be used. Much more so than modern players who downed tools and allowed us to be relegated, then legged it, like Carey and Lameiras et al. If these guys were really legends they would have stayed and put right the shambles they helped create
Agree 100%

Apr 4, 2004
Can't see why anyone would be talking down his prospects as a manager. He's never done the job before so it's impossible judge. We are very close to finding out over the coming weeks, months maybe years whether he's hot the stuff to be a manager.

As a player he wasn't the most gifted but he was always a 100%er which goes a long way. Good luck to him.

Aug 5, 2015
Even weirder as he’s a local boy who has made good when so many “supporters” bemoan the fact that local talent isn’t given a go. Fortunately he was and more than proved himself to be one of our all time greats. Good luck Paul

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I like him. Great he’s staying in the region.

He’ll have learnt a lot from a relegation where most were way off giving anything near 100%.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
A big GOOD LUCK WOTTSY from me!

Hope it works out really well at Truro for him.

There are some saddos on here.