• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

Paul Sturrock takes up new Managerial role (Menheniot)

Jan 27, 2012
Sturrock is a fantastic manager.

But I’m not sure I would want him as my manager in a village team- he will probably still be rollocking those players as if they were full time professionals! The competitive spirit would still be there, even in a village team.

I bet he could do a decent job assisting at Truro or Parkway where his knowledge and experience could be put to better use.

I saw a video of Sturrock playing for Dundee Utd the other day. He was a very good player- the sort that Argyle could do with right now.

Jun 27, 2019
I wish Luggy nothing but the best with this. It's a bit sad that one of the greatest managers in our history has to resort to managing a village team watched by pensioners, but hopefully it gives him some enjoyment in his retirement.

He's a bona fide Argyle legend.

Apr 1, 2009
gaspargomez":7r69j519 said:
Sturrock is a fantastic manager.

But I’m not sure I would want him as my manager in a village team- he will probably still be rollocking those players as if they were full time professionals! The competitive spirit would still be there, even in a village team.

I bet he could do a decent job assisting at Truro or Parkway where his knowledge and experience could be put to better use.

I saw a video of Sturrock playing for Dundee Utd the other day. He was a very good player- the sort that Argyle could do with right now.

Three years Uni in Scotland during Sturrock's playing career meant I saw a lot of him. Whippet thin, long flowing hair, he had pace and chased everything, never giving defenders a moments peace. A wonderful striker for Dundee Utd, who was unlucky not to have won more caps as Scotland had many good strikers at the time.

Apr 4, 2004
What fantastic opportunity to get coached by someone of that calibre.

I hope the trial event be well publicised. I know a lad who really wants to do this.

Ponty

Administrator
Staff member
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":bz943ufa said:
I wish Luggy nothing but the best with this. It's a bit sad that one of the greatest managers in our history has to resort to managing a village team watched by pensioners, but hopefully it gives him some enjoyment in his retirement.

Luggy is a manager through and through.

He won't care at what level he's involved. He'd manage your Subbuteo team if you let him. :lol:

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kentishgreen":2wipe5w4 said:
He also knows what colour green is.

Yes it's a sort of off-Tangerine isn't it?? :whistle:

I don't think it is 'sad' at all. I hope he is comfortably off and happy. Surely he and his family don't need him working under League pressure?

If he can get his kicks from this then I wish him all the best! :clap:

Maybe he'll dig out a few wee nuggets for us?

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ponty":3683n9xk said:
WoodsyGreen":3683n9xk said:

Luggy is a manager through and through.

He won't care at what level he's involved. He'd manage your Subbuteo team if you let him. :lol:

As long as he can think outside the box. :coat: