Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing) | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pasoti Incoming? (appeared to be Bobby Duncan - NOT signing)

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
Scott Sinclair was highly thought of at Chelsea.

Booby Duncan was not wanted in Italy, is now not wanted at Derby and Stevie G presumably doesn’t want him at Rangers.

Fail to see any comparison between Sinclair and Duncan, other than they are both footballers and not even sure that one of them can be described as that given his one appearance in a COVID emergency side that lost to a tier six side.
I wasn't comparing ability. More discussing talent/opportunity and the benefits or pitfalls for the club.

Jul 28, 2020
I don’t like the sound of Bobby Duncan based on what I have read. Aside from possible attitude problems, he is completely unproven in professional football. His only claim to fame is a handful of appearances in Italy- for a club that couldn‘t wait to get rid of him it would seem. And if he was any good, he would have surely played some football for Derby.

No thank you.
Agree with you.

Most of the time , unless they came through our own academy ( David Phillips, Collin Sullivan, Norman piper, Luke jephcott, Joe mason), then I think we need to think very carefully before signing these sorts of players- who are not wanted by their host clubs ( Cherno samba, Zak rudden, Calvin Miller ( trial),Adam Miller, Tafari Moore, ASB etc.) Bobby Duncan seems to have a lot less experience than most, too.

Having said that we did strike lucky with Connor grant and Ian Stonebridge….

Jul 28, 2020
Agree with you.

Most of the time , unless they came through our own academy ( David Phillips, Collin Sullivan, Norman piper, Luke jephcott, Joe mason), then I think we need to think very carefully before signing these sorts of players- who are not wanted by their host clubs ( Cherno samba, Zak rudden, Calvin Miller ( trial),Adam Miller, Tafari Moore, ASB etc.) Bobby Duncan seems to have a lot less experience than most, too.

Whoops !
Not very clear that- international age group representative players, I meant to say…

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Agree with you.

Adam Miller ? Do you mean Alan Miller , one of the best Goalkeepers I have seen play for the club ?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Agree with you.

Perhaps, the best example is David Norris.

Jul 28, 2020
Adam Miller ? Do you mean Alan Miller , one of the best Goalkeepers I have seen play for the club ?
Adam Lewis is the guy I meant 🙃

I don’t think David Norris has been selected for an age group international side- although I’ve just read that he was contacted by the Republic of Ireland ( manager Steve Staunton in 2010, but never played for them). But, of course, that’s an excellent example , of a successful signing from an under 23 team ( Bolton) DN….

My list is not exhaustive, and I stand to be corrected…. But my point is that signing an international age group representative player can only be seen as a MASSIVE PUNT…… history has shown these are more likely to fail than succeed …. I would take it as a bad sign that these type of players are not wanted by their host side…I would prefer the club to take a more statistical approach to signings…

Another point is that international age group players from smaller clubs who are probably going to need to be hell- of- a - good- players in the first case to get selected ( who teams would mostly likely need to pay a fee for, are probably more likely to be the better bet in terms of signings)…. We’ve seen this proven lately .. I hate to look down the road , but just look at Christy pym and Matt grimes as well as our own young players listed above who moved on for big , in several cases….

The one England team I do think we should be keeping a very close eye on is the England ‘c’ side …. James Bolton was playing in this side when signed by Shrewsbury from Gateshead….. many very good players have started their careers in the England “c” side….

Aug 17, 2005
With are interest about a loan recently that failed to materialise, with Derby's problems today and the likelihood of youngsters being discarded, what is ones opinion of the possibility of Lowe attempting to sign him.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If we hadn't signed Agard, I'd have risked it. However, we now don't need him and there's no point potentially upsetting the apple cart with a player who has a track record of being a bit of a nuisance.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He needed to be a free agent before the transfer window closed so we can't sign him now but maybe we will in January.

Aug 17, 2005
He needed to be a free agent before the transfer window closed so we can't sign him now but maybe we will in January.
It would take a few weeks before a decision was made with regard to who they are going to release. If he was released and Lowe wished to sign him I thought he could be signed but he couldn't play till January. Having watched the clips on him personally I didn't see anything much to get excited over and thought jephcott is better being similar in style

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
When Ennis is fit we will have 4 quality strikers to pick 2 from. No need.