Lee Hobbs leaves Parkway | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lee Hobbs leaves Parkway

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

That's a strange one but then again Hobbs has been there a long time.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I watched last night's post match interview and Lee said the club had a trip to Benidorm lined up and that he was looking forward to going. Resigned about 16 hours later.

Oct 10, 2012
I think to show some respect for his efforts down the years it’s come out that he’s resigned rather than pushed out.

Darren Way the next manager apparently.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I think to show some respect for his efforts down the years it’s come out that he’s resigned rather than pushed out.

That would be a great appointment.

Hobbs has done so well but perhaps time to shift up a gear.

Apr 16, 2016
That's interesting. Is it more than a rumour ? My son saw him in Plymouth a couple times recently and when we saw Lee Hobbs resignation we wondered. The Parkway coaches / physio etc have been involved in the academy in recent years so it would seem a natural fit.
With all his young player contacts he could be to Parkway what Foster was to Argyle!!
Only joking - having observed him in action he would appear to be the polar opposite to Foster in management style .. thankfully.
As for the departing Hobbs - I'm not an expert on local football, but it appears that he has done a remarkable job over recent years. I enjoyed the Parkway documentaries which gave a good insight into his ability to motivate.

Jan 6, 2004
Seems a bit harsh if he was effectively sacked, the last couple of months seemed like an almost impossible situation with up to 3 games a week and home games played over 100 miles away, and Parkway still stayed up. Do Parkway have ambition to kick on to the conference (or whatever it is called these days)? If so I guess they are looking in a different pool to take a step up in professionalism ...

May 8, 2011
That's interesting. Is it more than a rumour ? My son saw him in Plymouth a couple times recently and when we saw Lee Hobbs resignation we wondered. The Parkway coaches / physio etc have been involved in the academy in recent years so it would seem a natural fit.
With all his young player contacts he could be to Parkway what Foster was to Argyle!!
Only joking - having observed him in action he would appear to be the polar opposite to Foster in management style .. thankfully.
As for the departing Hobbs - I'm not an expert on local football, but it appears that he has done a remarkable job over recent years. I enjoyed the Parkway documentaries which gave a good insight into his ability to motivate.
Darren Way lives in Plymouth so not a surprise to see him in the City.
He was at Home Park last Tuesday watching the U18s against Oxford.
Surprised no one has linked him to the Argyle job.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Some articles in the 'erald recently. One was an explanation by Lee Hobbs on why he resigned (exhausted, but actually wants a team with a higher chance of promotion (bigger budget) .

Parkway (apparently) don't have the budget to compete with the bigger teams in the league (sound familiar?)

Another, indicating there have been more than 30 applicants for his job.

Hmm.