Parkway go marching on. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway go marching on.

Nov 6, 2011
I was very impressed with Parkway yesterday, great little ground and a strong team. Only downside was the pitch, it was very bobbly in places and affected touches and control from both sides, i guess that's down to the fact Truro are also playing on it. I have a couple of questions: What's the ambition of Parkway? Do they have any targets or leagues that they would like to get to?

Jun 25, 2021
Glad you enjoyed it Pilgrim. The pitch has been a bone of contention all season and with it being newly laid itā€™s not had time to establish so having two teams playing on it, being looked after and maintained by volunteers, itā€™s taken itā€™s toll. Iā€™m sure lessons have been learned and remedial works to be undertaken in the summer they hoping it to be better next season.

Regards to ambitions and targets, if you believe what you hear about budgets and money then donā€™t be surprised to see them in the Premier league in 10 years time with Pep Guardiola in charge and Erling HĆ„land up top šŸ˜‚ Seriously though, not sure what the targets are. Theyā€™ve pretty much met their 5 year plan from when the chairman came in so Iā€™d say establishing themselves as a stable Southern League Premier step 3 club has to be the target then see where it goes from there

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pilgrim and Carlo
Oct 10, 2012
Iā€™m heading to Bolitho tonight to watch Truro v Taunton what sort of crowd do they usually attract? Canā€™t imagine itā€™s too popular for Truro fans but what can they do?!

Jun 25, 2021
Enjoy, Iā€™ve been to watch Truro a few timesā€¦thatā€™s enough for me. They average just under 100 I reckon and I remember a 72 one evening (Probably with about half of them being complimentary tickets). They do all they can with ticket deals, laying on free coaches from Truro and surrounding areas but if people donā€™t want to go then they wonā€™t. An incredible amount of apathy from the supporters which Iā€™d say is warranted given the predicament they find themselves in. Tonight will be their biggest gate of the season I reckonā€¦because Taunton will bring a few down

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Truro 1 Taunton 0 after 63 mins

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
Not a bad game but just never clicked into life really.

Feel for the ground staff at Parkway. Pitch was (understandably) awful but given the amount of games played recently itā€™s great to see none postponed.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Jun 25, 2021
Luckily itā€™s been dry recently so have been able to get plenty of games on to catch up on the ones lost throughout the season. The schedule has been relentless over the last few weeks but you could say itā€™s actually worked in their favour to help keep that momentum. Considering the condition of the pitch, credit to the players for being able to still play good football and still score some top class goals.

Could be a pivotal weekend coming up where in a strange coincidence the top 4 play each other. 1st v 3rd and 2nd v 4th

Parkway away at Cirencester and Frome host Bristol Manor Farm

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlo
Oct 10, 2012
Big weekend for you lot then. Fully expect the run to keep on going šŸ‘.

Jun 25, 2021
Big weekend for you lot then. Fully expect the run to keep on going šŸ‘.
Sure is, only expectation is that itā€™s going to be tough

Out of interest what do you make of the Keynsham debacle in midweek with them not travelling to Mousehole? Absolute shambles that could have an impact on the league

Oct 10, 2012
Iā€™m sure teams donā€™t want to playing you right now given the run youā€™re on! I expect their playing surface to be better than what is at Bolitho so surely a good thing too?

Theyā€™ve had weeks to rearrange this fixture and itā€™s a complete disgrace itā€™s came to this šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Hopefully we leave this league behind but still plenty to be done.

Jun 25, 2021
Cirencester play on a 3G pitch, Iā€™d take a bobbly, weather beaten grass(ish) pitch over 3G any day

The league need to be called into question over their scheduling but clubs need to shoulder some of the responsibility, thatā€™s what you get for playing in the pyramid. Itā€™s called the Western league and not the ā€˜Greater Bristol and surrounding areas leagueā€™. You donā€™t get much much more Western than Mousehole.

The league pyramid system is now starting to pay the price for allowing years of clubs not required to take mandatory promotion. Historically, Western League clubs have benefited from this by no Cornish teams willing to move up. In years to come itā€™ll level itself out meaning clubs and the league will have to get over the bump and live with it for now.

Barring a disaster, Iā€™m sure Tavistock will be Southern League for 22/23

Oct 10, 2012
Fully agree itā€™s down to the clubs to sort out. Donā€™t know the full facts but Iā€™d like to think Keynsham tried getting that game moved to a Saturday.

Be prepared for trips to London next season on a Tuesday night - think Truro have had one or two šŸ˜‚

Jun 25, 2021
Looks like the club are offering a ticket deal to entice some Argyle season ticket holders along to watch the home game against Mangotsfield on Easter Saturday as Argyle are away to Wycombe on the Good Friday. Brilliant idea and would be good if Argyle themselves could help promote it using their communication channels

Canā€™t be a bad afternoon out for a fiver