Parkway go marching on. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway go marching on.

Oct 10, 2012
Given the quality of the players at Parkway I’d be amazed if they don’t complete the job! Certainly put themselves in a great position!

Like yourselves we’re taking each game as it comes but we’ve had a good week. How do you rate the difference between Southern League and Western League? From what I’ve seen the top 5/6 in our league would comfortably survive in the Southern League but you’ve probably seen a lot more games than me!

Jun 25, 2021
It’s quicker, more physical and sides have a distinct identity in the way they play. The top few in the Western league have always held their own against Step 4 sides in one off games, whether they can sustain it for a whole season, who knows?

Reactions: Carlo
Jun 25, 2021
Anybody venturing to Bolitho Park tonight for another big game? Better than staying in watching football on the tele

It’ll be tough but a win would see Parkway go top by a point with a game in hand. Getting interesting now.

Would be good to see Schumacher there again, he loves a Tuesday nighter

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Looks like something good is going on at Parkway this season.

Out of curiosity Mellow Yellow, do you support Argyle as well, and if so in which order of priority do you put with Parkway and Argyle? :D

Jun 25, 2021
Not just good at Parkway, it’s football in the city in general, good times.

I’m not an Argyle fan as such, that stopped years ago when I became disillusioned with what was going on at the time which is when my passion for Parkway started. I love to see Argyle do well and support them when I can meaning I probably get to Home Park 4 or 5 times a season but Parkway will always take priority for me now

Reactions: Emu
Nov 6, 2011
Anybody venturing to Bolitho Park tonight for another big game? Better than staying in watching football on the tele

It’ll be tough but a win would see Parkway go top by a point with a game in hand. Getting interesting now.

Would be good to see Schumacher there again, he loves a Tuesday nighter
I'm making my first visit to Bolitho Park tonight, is there a club shop at the ground? Also, where is the best place to park? Thanks in advance.

Jun 25, 2021
I'm making my first visit to Bolitho Park tonight, is there a club shop at the ground? Also, where is the best place to park? Thanks in advance.
Nice one, hope you enjoy it. Theres a little place set up selling bits and bobs which is worth a look

There’s a car park right next to the ground but that gets filled up pretty quickly and lots of spaces are reserved for players, officials and the visiting coach/cars. I usually park on the road outside, plenty of space around all within a 5 min walk

Reactions: Pilgrim

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
2-0 win for Parkway tonight.
Now top of their league.
Ethan Mitchell got both goals and was their 'star player' according to their Twitter page.

Oct 10, 2012
The big spenders finally reach the top!

Fair play they’ve been on a great run and would be amazed if they don’t complete the job from here.

Oct 10, 2012
Also what a superb attendance there tonight! 546

Good to see people getting out and watching non league football!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The big spenders finally reach the top!

Fair play they’ve been on a great run and would be amazed if they don’t complete the job from here.
We heard you the first time Carlo. :)

Reactions: Carlo

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Parkway's remarkable run of wins continues, taking them top of the table with promotion now in their own hands.

A stand out performance in midfield from Argyle's Ethan Mitchell with both goals sealed a comfortable win. Finley Craske at right wing back had another impressive game. The onlooking Steven Schumacher was smiling.

The link with Parkway will only get stronger if they get promotion as it will enable Argyle players to be formally loaned. It was surely no coincidence that Daren Way took the Youth Team to the game.

The only issue is the quality of the pitch which is suffering with the dual use with Truro City. However, Truro's last game attracted 68 spectators (compared to the 546 there last night). It must be questionable how long Truro's absence from a proper stadium in Cornwall can be sustained.

Finally, a word for Mark Russel and his team. Parkway have a fantastic set up with excellent facilities. They may well pay upper level wages but that should not disguise the quality of the investment off the pitch. The relationship with Argyle will only blossom if they get their deserved promotion.

Oct 10, 2012
I agree the chairman deserves success he’s put a lot of money into the club and the clubhouse and ground improvements are absolutely fantastic (I think Truro renting there has paid for that). For the fans and volunteers who haven’t jumped on the bandwagon must be in dreamland after many years in the SWPL. I certainly don’t begrudge them this recent success.

However people seem to moan at the likes of FGR, Salford and Fleetwood in recent years for trying to buy success and Parkway are certainly no different.

Reactions: HC Green

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
From Mark Russel's chat (see Parkway Twitter account) Parkway's budget is only average for this league, with a smaller budget and squad than, for example, Frome.

Compared to the Western League, perhaps, but not for their current level.

Oct 10, 2012
Not a cat in hells chance is their budget average for that league 😂😂
Maybe Frome have a bigger budget but given what I’ve been told from numerous people in the non league circuit that budget isn’t average for that League.