Oxford v Argyle Match Thread | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Oxford v Argyle Match Thread

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It’s funny but everyone has a different perspective I don’t think Jephers adds anything if he’s not scoring. I thought the pass to Camara for the second was intended for Garrick. He’s slow and wins nothing in the air and doesn’t hold the ball up. I would much prefer to see Hardie and Garrick/Agard/Ennis when fit. It’s just my opinion and I appreciate others see it differently.

Personally I think part part of the reason Hardie has been in such fine form this season is because Jephcott has been doing a lot of the donkey work to create the conditions for Hardie to thrive.

Reactions: smudja and kernow19

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
My worst nightmare....thought we’d seen the last of Mayor as Broom had been exposing Mayors inadequacies....hope this is a one off.
That’s a joke right?

Reactions: Bwb1989

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Personally I think part part of the reason Hardie has been in such fine form this season is because Jephcott has been doing a lot of the donkey work to create the conditions for Hardie to thrive.

2 assists from Luke Jephcott today 👍👍

Mar 23, 2019
Wow, what a result, what joy! I wasn't expecting that, but we remain top o' the league; say we are top of the league, we are top of the league!

Sounds so nice, feels so nice. Well done Argyle, I'm so happy to be green.
Me too fella. I know it's still early days but could you imagine supporting anyone else? So proud to be Argyle.

Aug 5, 2016
It’s funny but everyone has a different perspective I don’t think Jephers adds anything if he’s not scoring. I thought the pass to Camara for the second was intended for Garrick. He’s slow and wins nothing in the air and doesn’t hold the ball up. I would much prefer to see Hardie and Garrick/Agard/Ennis when fit. It’s just my opinion and I appreciate others see it differently.

And yet Argyle are top of the table, with a fantastic result today and 3 away goals with our top scorer on the bench.
It's hard to do these things if Jephcott is ineffective and not pulling his weight up front.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
And yet Argyle are top of the table, with a fantastic result today and 3 away goals with our top scorer on the bench.
It's hard to do these things if Jephcott is ineffective and not pulling his weight up front.
Jephcott is gradually adding guile and strength to his obvious poaching ability. I really had my doubts about him in the second half of last season but he is showing an additional side to his game this. He looks leaner, sharper and stronger. We have 4 very good strikers on the books - what a brilliant problem to have.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
We are a team of 22 players- each have their own individual qualities & at the moment the team that is so interchangeable is in perfect harmony

It is a long hard season & each of these players will play a huge part in the next 7 months

Every player that crosses the white line gives their all every single minute of every single game - they all pull their weight- we dont have any passengers & they are certainly in sync when it comes to the well drilled down game plan

All these players are worthy of a place in the team

Jun 27, 2021
Two assists for Jephcott too, I think. He brings a lot to our attack even when he's not scoring.
For me that’s where he’s improved so much this season. Love for him to get a goal or two for confidence as had a few chances in last few games.

Jun 27, 2021
We are a team of 22 players- each have their own individual qualities & at the moment the team that is so interchangeable is in perfect harmony

It is a long hard season & each of these players will play a huge part in the next 7 months

Every player that crosses the white line gives their all every single minute of every single game - they all pull their weight- we dont have any passengers & they are certainly in sync when it comes to the well drilled down game plan

Iv said this about Liverpool, it’s not so much as how great their players are (they have some very tasty players to boot) however more the style they play and players that suit that style, even when they have players missing they fill the void as the system is worked on by all in training. Now I know we play different styles at different level, but the whole squad know what’s required so when one player is missing ( or six ) we have one to for each position that knows the role to fill. Hats off to Lowe in the hard work on the training ground cause I for one thought we was short and would struggle when missing key players.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset

People should never forget that football is a team game

May 16, 2016
Jephcott's strength is in not concentrating on or worrying too much about scoring. He has more to his game than that now. One day he'll be rated for his effectiveness behind two strikers.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
I was sitting directly opposite the massed ranks today - I needed 2 tickets so joined the home supporters. Very well done Green Army.

Agree with much of what has been said - and Camara MoM for me with many other outstanding performances. My mate - a Leicester fan - was hugely impressed and particularly enthused other the speed and accuracy of break out moves. A key improvement from last years is the pace in the side - and obviously the physical presence of the defensive unit. Fantastic positional play and all players really covering for each other.

I personally thought Jephcott was immense today - would love to see his stats - but most of all he seems to have far more energy and determination than last year. Just needs a few more goals.

Reactions: bigalf

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Let's be honest, if Jeffers wasn't doing it the manager wouldn't be playing him, he'd have been rested for his time on int duty, so however people on here view his performance as below par, it is clearly not a view shared by his manager,
Pete