Over reaction | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Over reaction

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Just thought I’d say I still can’t believe some posters on here moaning about lots of things after the league cup result.

We started that game with lots of players who hadn’t played together and when we did bring on our 1st team players we dominated Peterborough even tho the scoreline at the end won’t say that. huge over reaction to that result imo..

Well fast forward 4 days and we played Peterborough again, this time with both sides starting their best team they had availableAnd guess what, we dominated Peterborough again just like we did after the subs were made 4 days previously.

Never doubted it for a second.

This club right now is riding the crest of a wave and I believe we can beat anyone in League 1 such is the feel good factor we have right now.

We’ll lose matches for sure, but I’ll not be over reacting as we’ll get it right more than we get it wrong. I’ve a feeling this season will be better than last season, maybe not with the points total but with our final position, so hold on to your hats everyone - this is going to be a great ride ..👍👍

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2008
Like last season after first game losing to Rotherham 2 0 lots said team going nowhere be lucky to survive went on 16 game unbeaten run and top! Such overreacting after every game!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Your only as good as your last match.

Overreaction? Maybe but you could say the same post victory.

It’s all about the emotional connection to the result. What may be overreaction to one person may not be to someone else.

We all want the same outcome. Some deal with it more level-headedly, some with more emotion and critique.

I think it’s important to show a little respect to those differing opinions. If you don’t necessarily agree with them, simple comment and keep it amicable.

Post defeat is all ways a little more heated and volatile but it’s important not to antagonise an already difficult discussion.

Respect other peoples views and remember we all want the success.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We all understand the bigger picture, the project, the long term aims etc, but as football fans all we really care about on a matchday is whether we win or lose and the other stuff sinks into the background until Monday morning when you can look at things a bit more objectively. There's nothing wrong with that, it's part of why we love the game, the highs and lows.

Reactions: Green Flash
Apr 1, 2009
Playing a new formation will inevitably bring teething problems. When it's good, it's very good, but when difficulties arise then the players have to learn how to cope, and probably won't be able to do that instantly.

Extreme reactions tend to follow some players too, certainly with Bali Mumba. His two home appearances (both wins) have largely been followed with much personal praise. His away performance however (a defeat) led to some fairly heavy criticism in which several described him as a liability (or similar) and lamented the decision to loan out Ryan Law. I expect these extreme reactions to consider as we follow the progress of an exciting and talented young player with a volatile temperament, who is far from the finished article. We have to learn to take the rough and the smooth.

In Mumba, Azaz and, potentially, Lonwijk we do seem to have borrowed some players who may go on to achieve good things in their careers, and who will hopefully add a bit of stardust to this season's team. It's early days, but I'm yet to be convinced that Whittaker is in the same category.

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Overreacting is inevitable.

Remember Luggy's post match interviews after a defeat? He'd say that it wasn't good enough and that changes would be made for the next game. And he'd start with the same 11 again.

It's an emotion thing.

I may have been overreacting, but i thought that was one of the best performances I have seen.
I still do.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I need to have a 24hr cool off period from final whistle.

I see things a lot more rationally the day after, particularly post defeat.