PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Wycombe's official second half injury time this season:

When winning - 5 minutes, 9 minutes, 6 minutes.
When drawing - 6 minutes, 9 minutes.
When losing - 3 minutes.

There's also extra time within injury time, someone on Pasoti mentioned the 9 minutes in the draw against Oxford last Saturday ended up as 13 minutes.
Small sample size but when Wycombe are losing there is a small amount of injury time.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
If they're winning it's always the last game to finish.

I figure Posty's stats are fairly similar to the 1st half added time if they've scored early.

Regularly their games go into the 100+ minutes

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Wycombe's official second half injury time this season:

When winning - 5 minutes, 9 minutes, 6 minutes.
When drawing - 6 minutes, 9 minutes.
When losing - 3 minutes.

There's also extra time within injury time, someone on Pasoti mentioned the 9 minutes in the draw against Oxford last Saturday ended up as 13 minutes.
Small sample size but when Wycombe are losing there is a small amount of injury time.
What would Argyle's figures be to offer a comparison?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
What would Argyle's figures be to offer a comparison?

When winning - 7 minutes, 5 minutes, 5 minutes.
When drawing - 6 minutes, 4 minutes.
When losing - 4 minutes.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
When winning - 7 minutes, 5 minutes, 5 minutes.
When drawing - 6 minutes, 4 minutes.
When losing - 4 minutes.
3 games is a very short sample period to compare but even so in a winning position Wycombe waste on average 1 whole minute per game more than Argyle. In my opinion it hardly warrants the hysteria some have over Wycombe.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I profess to not understanding the title of this thread.
What rivalry with Wycombe? We have no more a rivalry with wycombe than we do with most other teams in our league!

If you had said Burninhelley I would have understood.

Apr 1, 2009
We don't have a rivalry with Wycombe Why does anyone give this complete nonsense the time of day? These "journalists" are so desperate to find something original (if that's a word they understand) to write that they grasp at a bit of relatively recent acrimony and try to exaggerate it into something it isn't.

Do we have a rivalry with AFC Wimbledon because of Wembley? Do we have a rivalry with Leyton Orient due to the ballboy incident? Are we rivals with Bradford because our ex-manager is there? You can dream up a scenario with just about any other club if you are sufficiently needy.

Aug 5, 2016
I never felt Wycombe got enough stick for their antics in the playoff semi finals under Sheridan.

All the feigned injuries and timewasting was in force during those games, but it was only in the 2016 league game they got a backlash at Home Park for it.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I heard Charlie Baker, comedian and Torquay fan on Talk Sport yesterday, saying he went to watch Oxford v Whycome on Saturday. He said it was a truly awful game as Whycome players were falling down every two minutes. No change there then.

D

Deleted member 9145

It's not a traditional or historical rivalry as such but anyone who went to THAT game at Adams Park will know why revenge would be very sweet.

Nov 18, 2011
I heard Charlie Baker, comedian and Torquay fan on Talk Sport yesterday, saying he went to watch Oxford v Whycome on Saturday. He said it was a truly awful game as Whycome players were falling down every two minutes. No change there then.
I'm surprised that Wycombe haven't become a pariah team amongst all fans given that they've used these tactics for years against every single team they play.

The media wants them to be the new Crazy Gang with the big characters, questionable tactics and perennial underdog status.