Our rivalry with Wycombe | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our rivalry with Wycombe

Oct 31, 2015
Split from Daily News thread as a standalone thread.

Argyle's rivalry with Wycombe Wanderers explained ... Football 365.

Admin

Good 365 article. Makes us sound bitter mind. Is it just us that can't stand Wycombe's 100 minute games🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
They are bitter because we boo a genuine injured player. Trouble with Wycombe is you never know if any injury is real. Their game on Saturday finally finished on 90 + 13 even after the board had only added 8 minutes on. If they stop crying wolf then perhaps they can be known for their football instead of their game management.

Aug 5, 2015
Seems odd game management if you allow your opponents an extra 13 minutes to score against you! Must be great value for money for Wycombe fans though getting to see all that extra “football”

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Jun 27, 2019
Wycombe came here to waste time, niggle and get under our skin. They did it and they won. See you next week. #pafc #ArgvWyc

— Plymouth Argyle FC (@Only1Argyle) January 30, 2016
Did a double-take at the author of that tweet. Can't believe that came from the club's official Twitter account!

Times have obviously become much more sanitised in the intervening five years because you'd never see anything like that now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Did a double-take at the author of that tweet. Can't believe that came from the club's official Twitter account!

Times have obviously become much more sanitised in the intervening five years because you'd never see anything like that now.

I would guess that the tweet was written by a previous employee and not one of the current media team.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think it’s time to forget about our ongoing feud with Wycombe.
Yes, their antics after taking an early lead were very poor in 2016 but, they have progressed since that time and, in the same calendar year, we had an exciting 3-3 draw over the Christmas period.
Ainsworth has done a good job for them over several years, including spending last season in the Championship, and deserves a lot of credit. In fact, it is surprising that he has not been approached by bigger clubs.
Let’s see how they play at Home Park on 23rd November.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think it’s time to forget about our ongoing feud with Wycombe.
Yes, their antics after taking an early lead were very poor in 2016 but, they have progressed since that time and, in the same calendar year, we had an exciting 3-3 draw over the Christmas period.
Ainsworth has done a good job for them over several years, including spending last season in the Championship, and deserves a lot of credit. In fact, it is surprising that he has not been approached by bigger clubs.
Let’s see how they play at Home Park on 23rd November.

Or other clubs know the style of football he plays so won't touch him with a barge pole.

Jun 27, 2019
Or other clubs know the style of football he plays so won't touch him with a barge pole.
Highly likely. Normally a manager getting a tiny club like Wycombe into the Championship would have multiple clubs fluttering their eyelids in his direction.

Yet Ainsworth is still at Wycombe after all these years and it can't just be because he likes his office at Adams Park.

• Haha
Reminds me of our temporary rivalry with Luton after Joe Kinnear called us a nothing little club just prior to the match. If I’ve got the right era, Luggy pinned the article on the dressing room wall and a very fired up argyle beat them. Rivalry lasted a couple of seasons, but now they’re just another club.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Football 365 highlight the goalkeeper's injury as bad taste from the Argyle fans but fail to mention the Wycombe player who conveniently rolled back onto the pitch.....

Oct 31, 2015
Football 365 highlight the goalkeeper's injury as bad taste from the Argyle fans but fail to mention the Wycombe player who conveniently rolled back onto the pitch.....
Or all the diving and dropping due to snipers in the crowd for many games.

It's a shame because the 3-3 was a really good game so they can play sometimes.