Our new back four....who would you play & where? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Our new back four....who would you play & where?

M

Marcus The Green

We seem to have enough numbers in defence now....so I was wonder who you would play & where?

I would have

Berry..........Zubar.........Nelson..........Williams

with Richards & Soukouna on the bench.

I think Soukouna could more than do a job but wouldn't move Zubar or Nelson to have him in the middle, even though he is a natural left footer.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Working on the assumption that Nelson will be sold I think it'll be:

Berry - Zubar - Soukouna - Williams

I also think we need to sign another centre-back and may need a utility player who can fill in at full-back although perhaps that role can be filled by a youngster.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Walts and Fletch can play CB if pushed as could Williams - Bhas at LB?

Jul 29, 2010
Isn't that a back one?, three of those names are not contracted to play for Plymouth Argyle.

Jul 29, 2010
chunkymonkey78":3p27vl0a said:
Wasnt nelson a cm in the youth team/reserves?

Now we have soukouna couldnt nelson come into midfield?

No we don't, you're hurting the horses nose by asking him to push the cart.

M

Marcus The Green

X Isle":m3rbsgjb said:
Isn't that a back one?, three of those names are not contracted to play for Plymouth Argyle.

Knew someone try & drag the talk about football back to the politics! :roll:

Jul 29, 2010
Marcus The Green":2swdvsgc said:
X Isle":2swdvsgc said:

Knew someone try & drag the talk about football back to the FACTS

I've ammended your post for you there Marcus, hope you don't mind.

But hey, don't let mere facts get in the way of the 'normalisation' while Argyle continues to get clusterf**ked by the 'two Connies'.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Was quite happy to open this purely football related thread. Didn't take long for that to be ruined though.

Assuming Nelson goes, still quite a tidy back four of Berry, Zubar, Soukouna, Williams. Walton can cover.

Jul 29, 2010
Sagacity":1kyaiva7 said:
X Isle":1kyaiva7 said:

May want to check your facts!, they have signed a contract, the only thing that cannot be done is register with the League, well thats according to Eldings Agent last night,

Exactamundo, or should that be exactaFACTamundo. We don't play a season of friendlies, we play league football. So, without the arch bishop of prevaracation completing the deal he can't complete, in a couple of weeks at Shrewsbury that'll be a back four of how many?, i'll give you a clue it's a figure between zero and two. And that's a solid gold FACT.

Moan away as much as you like about the truth, wail and gnash teeth as hard as you like about someone pointing it out but these 'buried head in the sand' fantasy threads are pointless, football is a triviality without resolution to the single most important issue.

Mind you, I must conceed that next seasons front pairing of Mario Haas and Daniel Pasoti looks really promising :roll:.

Feb 25, 2008
I haven't seen any of the new guys play because I am still abroad but here's a candidate for feel-good wildly-optimistic forecast of the day.

Let's play a back four of Richards, Zubar, Nelson, and Bhasera.

Why? Zubar and Bhasera are young-ish players who are already too good for L2.

Nelson and Richards are young players who will only improve, Nelson already too good for L2.

That way, we can keep the same back four in L2, L1, the CCC and the Prem! We can keep them together for each of the 3 successive promotions that we'll get in the next 3 years!!!!

GREEN ARMY!

PS nice to have a FOOTBALL thread

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Has anybody who is a training spy caught sight yet of Bhasera? Is he back to form after his injury towards the end of last season, or was it too serious. To be honest, I would have thought he would have played last Weds, if he was anything like AOK.

Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
Quintrell_Green":21glh5o8 said:
Has anybody who is a training spy caught sight yet of Bhasera? Is he back to form after his injury towards the end of last season, or was it too serious. To be honest, I would have thought he would have played last Weds, if he was anything like AOK.

I think he was spotted back at Home Park for a check-up early in pre-season, but isn't he out until Christmas?

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
X Isle":2ip09yfb said:
chunkymonkey78":2ip09yfb said:
Wasnt nelson a cm in the youth team/reserves?

Now we have soukouna couldnt nelson come into midfield?

No we don't, you're hurting the horses nose by asking him to push the cart.
f****kin english man,,,?or understandable for people who dont read the daily mail.