Other Championship Games of Interest - 29/03/24 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Other Championship Games of Interest - 29/03/24

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Blackburn 0 Ipswich 1 FT

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Plenty of spirit from Blackburn and they were very unfortunate not to get something from the game.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Blackburn gave it a real go and Ipswich were very fortunate to get that win.

i really hope we have the same sort aggressive approach against City on Monday.

That Blackburn performance was the mirror opposite of our home games against Leeds, WBA, Ipswich and Preston. We were safety first, over cautious, timid and over respectful.
we lost without really having a go.
I honestly wonder if the crowds reaction against Preston would be of been so toxic if we’d had a real go?
If your going to lose at least go down fighting and then maybe the crowd won't be as unforgiving.

Jul 12, 2016
Blackburn gave it a real go and Ipswich were very fortunate to get that win.

i really hope we have the same sort aggressive approach against City on Monday.

That Blackburn performance was the mirror opposite of our home games against Leeds, WBA, Ipswich and Preston. We were safety first, over cautious, timid and over respectful.
we lost without really having a go.
I honestly wonder if the crowds reaction against Preston would be of been so toxic if we’d had a real go?
If your going to lose at least go down fighting and then maybe the crowd won't be as unforgiving.
We were not over cautious, timid or over respectful. Some fans seem to forget that the opposition are there to stop us playing and having a go.

Reactions: kernow19

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
We were not over cautious, timid or over respectful. Some fans seem to forget that the opposition are there to stop us playing and having a go.
Really.

Right after we sat back and let Leeds win easily they went to Huddersfield who really went at them from the off. Leeds scrambled a equaliser late on and never for a second looked as comfortable as they did twice down here.

QPR battered WBA and somehow only got a 2-2 draw in their home game. West Brom hung for dear life and got away with the clearest red card/pen you’ll ever see.

Blackburn totally knocked Ipswich out of their stride last night and made them look poor and desperate and 9/10 win that game 3-1.

We barely had a shot in any of those home games and gave them their most comfortable away wins of the season.

we lost those three home games with a goal difference of 0-7.

Would we have still lost having a real go at them? Maybe but we’ll never know if we could have beat them because we never really tried.
We never even managed shots at goal because we were so concerned about what they could do to us we barely attacked.
I’d call that timid and over cautious.

Jul 12, 2016
Really.

Right after we sat back and let Leeds win easily they went to Huddersfield who really went at them from the off. Leeds scrambled a equaliser late on and never for a second looked as comfortable as they did twice down here.

QPR battered WBA and somehow only got a 2-2 draw in their home game. West Brom hung for dear life and got away with the clearest red card/pen you’ll ever see.

Blackburn totally knocked Ipswich out of their stride last night and made them look poor and desperate and 9/10 win that game 3-1.

We barely had a shot in any of those home games and gave them their most comfortable away wins of the season.

we lost those three home games with a goal difference of 0-7.

Would we have still lost having a real go at them? Maybe but we’ll never know if we could have beat them because we never really tried.
We never even managed shots at goal because we were so concerned about what they could do to us we barely attacked.
I’d call that timid and over cautious.
I think you are only seeing what you want to see. We no longer have the players to “give it a go” You cannot attack unless you have creative midfielders and we have to do what you can with substandard players.
The championship has proved what many of us already knew. It is an hard unforgiving league and we were up against it from day one.