Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Wowee. Very very smart, a pretty good partner to have for high spec stuff like that, I imagine.

That embossed Argyle badge... 🤤

BleakObedientBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Very smart indeed.

Manafactured by a big Argyle fan, Lang & Potter (aka Helmsman).

May 13, 2022
Wowee. Very very smart, a pretty good partner to have for high spec stuff like that, I imagine.

That embossed Argyle badge... 🤤

BleakObedientBoilweevil-max-1mb.gif
Certainly an improvement on this…

1655998572377.png

Which in turn was massive improvement on what was there before

It just feels as though everything is done far more professionally at Argyle these days. :)

Attachments

• 1655998660867.png
    1655998660867.png
    556.3 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: David Doidge
May 13, 2022
More money I suppose, it makes complete sense doesn't it?

We might not be big, but we're going to damned pretty.
Aye! At least it makes sense to me.

Not knocking the efforts of anyone who's gone before (I take my green and white beanie off to anyone who chips in and really tries to make Argyle a success), but we seem to be so far on from where we were just a few years ago.

I'm not suggesting a player would choose us over any other team just because we have fancy seat covers in our dug outs, but if we get a reputation for being professional at every turn (or at least as many turns as possible), surely that makes us a more attractive proposition.

Speculate to accumulate, eh?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

I'm not the majority of agents think that way though.

May 13, 2022
You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

I'm not the majority of agents think that way though.
Ah yes, the pesky agent. I live in an old-fashioned and innocent world that's free of such beings, where if I like the cut of someone's or something's jib I'll invest and stick around. I sometimes forget there's another world out there where money is the master.

Reactions: Andy S

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Aye! At least it makes sense to me.

Not knocking the efforts of anyone who's gone before (I take my green and white beanie off to anyone who chips in and really tries to make Argyle a success), but we seem to be so far on from where we were just a few years ago.

I'm not suggesting a player would choose us over any other team just because we have fancy seat covers in our dug outs, but if we get a reputation for being professional at every turn (or at least as many turns as possible), surely that makes us a more attractive proposition.

Speculate to accumulate, eh?

It definitely does make sense. While money is obviously massive, players will be looking at whether a club is going places, and whether being at that club is going to improve his own career.

Little touches matter I reckon, and if a club is going the extra few percent in looking the part, it's reasonable to expect they're going the extra yards in all other areas too.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Don’t think so! Also, I assume the black chair bit underneath is still the same.

I did think it was weird we had the seats, but with no covers.