On GoS: HP79 - Four and Counting ... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

On GoS: HP79 - Four and Counting ...

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Anyone who looks at the latest set of photo's and says it won't be ready for the 21st, doesn't have a clue or is on a wind up.

With a push the internal fit out could be ready for the end of November. The 21st will be no problem at all.

Plus I have four tickets for new years eve, and i'm not worried in the slightest.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Thanks guys.

Who choose the colour scheme for the concourse we are Argyle not Leeds Utd.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Sorry... we're now having a go at Argyle for having white interior walls? :lol: For damn good reason too, because it will be way too dark otherwise.

And this is before the fit-out has been started in said concourse, for all you know that concourse will be decked out in Argyle-related art and decoration (I suspect it will be, and old images of the grandstand would be great).

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Still waiting for my invite as a Grandstand evacuee to check my newly allocated seat to accept it or request a move to another. And yes, I have contacted the club but only got a auto-reply holding message in response.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Biggs":3km2ds9b said:
Sorry... we're now having a go at Argyle for having white interior walls? :lol: For damn good reason too, because it will be way too dark otherwise.

And this is before the fit-out has been started in said concourse, for all you know that concourse will be decked out in Argyle-related art and decoration (I suspect it will be, and old images of the grandstand would be great).

I would expect the walls will be decked out with Argyle related pictures or similar, green is our main colour and should be the dominant colour, visit any other stadium in the country.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
dunlop":2306q1n3 said:
Biggs":2306q1n3 said:

I would expect the walls will be decked out with Argyle related pictures or similar, green is our main colour and should be the dominant colour, visit any other stadium in the country.

Visit any other stadium in the country and you generally find the concourse is grey concrete FFS

The steels have been paid green.

Internally who knows yet. But as others have said our green is a very dark colour, and not suitable for interior decoration.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do you want to have a word with Bristol City, Mike?

I0000OFyjwcfGH.8.jpg

Ashton-Gate-Stadium-Lighting-Dolman-Stand-355x355.jpg

In their case, red walls would be garish. In our case, green is too dark. In both cases, it's a complete non-issue :thumbup:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Biggs":s6t6lefd said:
Do you want to have a word with Bristol City, Mike?

I0000OFyjwcfGH.8.jpg

Ashton-Gate-Stadium-Lighting-Dolman-Stand-355x355.jpg

In their case, red walls would be garish. In our case, green is too dark. In both cases, it's a complete non-issue :thumbup:

Fair cop, but I would say there is an exception to every rule.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The point I think Mike is missing is that the main reception and conference area has to be almost neutral in so much that the primary users of this new area will be non Argyle fans, it will be employees of Wrigleys, National Trust, Babcock etc most of which will have no allegiance with PAFC but are told to go there by their respective employers.

Don't expect great swathes of Argyle memorabilia either as that too will be muted I'd imagine.

I've attended such meetings at Reading, Derby, Rotherham, Burton and Aston Villa over the years and whilst they provide a really good view of the ground in every case, you could be anywhere in the country.

White is the new beige.

If you want memorabilia you'd better attend The GT's suite. Their allegiance with PAHA will prove to be wonderful in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be Argyle related photos etc, but it probably won't be bathed in them.

I also think the 'Home Park' logo will be used at least as much as the PAFC one inside the building.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
My favourite Argyle strip is mostly white, with black and green bands and a Mayflower logo. I'm sure that would be well appropriate for 2020.

Why are people getting out their magnifying glasses and microscopes to find something ... anything ... to criticise in what the Club is doing?

I think the 'logistics' of this lick of paint have been astoundingly good, as it is complex to build on a partial existing structure.
I love it ... all of it ... in minute detail!! ;) :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No one knows mate.

I did offer PASOTI did something there, I was turned down so presumably they’ll tart it up and use it for adverts etc.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":3lalw4e4 said:
The point I think Mike is missing is that the main reception and conference area has to be almost neutral in so much that the primary users of this new area will be non Argyle fans, it will be employees of Wrigleys, National Trust, Babcock etc most of which will have no allegiance with PAFC but are told to go there by their respective employers.

Don't expect great swathes of Argyle memorabilia either as that too will be muted I'd imagine.

I've attended such meetings at Reading, Derby, Rotherham, Burton and Aston Villa over the years and whilst they provide a really good view of the ground in every case, you could be anywhere in the country.

White is the new beige.

If you want memorabilia you'd better attend The GT's suite. Their allegiance with PAHA will prove to be wonderful in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be Argyle related photos etc, but it probably won't be bathed in them.

I also think the 'Home Park' logo will be used at least as much as the PAFC one inside the building.

Ian I agree that the reception area will be used mostly by non Argyle fans and the colour scheme will be neutral but I will be disappointed if green is not part of the decoration.

I am talking about picture 53 where it will be used by Argyle fans, I can also understand the camouflage green will be a bit dark ( where is the guy who convinced the board to use this colour green) hopefully when the grandstand is finished it will look a bit different and not like a hospital ward.