• Welcome to PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by GA Solicitors and Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP37 - The Facade's All White

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
Is the colour code RAL 2007 in photo 6 correct? In the colour industry that's bright orange. :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
GreensOnScreen":1382tunn said:
PL2 3DQ":1382tunn said:
Is the colour code RAL 2007 in photo 6 correct? In the colour industry that's bright orange. :)

Sorry, 6007. ;)

Ah bottle green. Sorry, my day job kicked in.

Dec 3, 2005
Great pictures - thank you.

Hoping that dark dark green is the undercoat and that the lighter green will be applied :)

As shown in picture 8

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":2g1usxm7 said:
That green is far, far too dark. For about 60% of the year it will look black.

Try 6037 ... Pure Green!!

Pure Green for Pure Green Fans!! :scarf:

(Personally I'd be happy to go for Luminous Green 6038) Luminous ... it does what it says on the tin.

Who put these people in charge who have decided to 'emigrate' us to black by stealth?? :think:
We wanrs a referendum!! :furious:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think the dark green is to fit in with the new branding rest of the club, in particular the signage in the new horseshoe.

I think it looks OK. Balls to this ‘one green’ stuff, we are the only green football club so we can use whatever shade for whatever purpose we want. I think dark green looks classier around the club, and lighter green looks way better and more distinctive on shirts... there shouldn’t be anything stopping us doing that!

Having said that, there’s clear inconsistency with the lighter green trim of the ticket office.

Kevin Gollop

Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Biggs":3vs344pq said:
Having said that, there’s clear inconsistency with the lighter green trim of the ticket office.

I think it looks great where it's been used in the horseshoe, but next to the black here it looks too dark. I'd personally match it up with ticket office trim for consistency in any case.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":rr0nlvzk said:
I think the dark green is to fit in with the new branding rest of the club, in particular the signage in the new horseshoe.

I think it looks OK. Balls to this ‘one green’ stuff, we are the only green football club so we can use whatever shade for whatever purpose we want. I think dark green looks classier around the club, and lighter green looks way better and more distinctive on shirts... there shouldn’t be anything stopping us doing that!

Well that was my point, who decides what the 'branding' green is for my/our club?
And 'branding' does imply 'one green'. I'm happy (too) with your notion of not being one green. I'd be happy to have two greens, one for buildings etc, one for kits and clothing.
Four or five different greens can't be part of a 'brand' tho' can they? :think:

I'm confused but I know what I like: Green not black!! :scarf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Kevin_Gollop":ay9encr2 said:
Biggs":ay9encr2 said:

I think it looks great where it's been used in the horseshoe, but next to the black here it looks too dark. I'd personally match it up with ticket office trim for consistency in any case.

Agreed.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Very much an advocate of the dark green however I agree this facade looks too dark and needs to match the ticket office.
I do like the tradition if saving the facade but it needs the full tradition or else it's wasted.lets hop Argyle realise it doesn't work and paint it over

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Real shame regards this crazy use of a green which has no contrast to the black?! Just like the current home shirt. Its too dark!

The right green is actually in the flags now being used before the game, proper ARGYLE OLD GREEN.

Other than that, really please to see entrance being upgraded.

May 1, 2006
Shade of green discussion aside, it's brilliant to see things still taking shape so well.

Love the view from /down the Mayflower picture, that's pretty much exactly where I was stood for the Colchester game.

Pic 18.

#Memories. :scarf:

It's unbelievable really we've gone so long with that whole space redundant (other than the Liverpool game of course).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
Lowey Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
And as mentioned before, it would be great to see the actual flooring/paving cleaned up around that store entrance. The tarmac looks really messy.

Maybe a mini version of the football paving outside Man United's megastore?

old-trafford-main.png

Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Thanks for the photos. I absolutely love seeing them and get a real childish excitement when a new set get uploaded!
I'm just wondering when we can take the building exam? ;)

Jun 4, 2015
Carl Barnard":1ykv42co said:
Looks dreadful to me, looking at the old picture of the facade it’s looks better before! The Green needs to be lighter, we are not Newcastle!
This with bells on! Truly AWFUL shade of Spinach Green :thumbdown: