• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Old Plymouth photos. Please join in.

Dec 5, 2021
Not in Plymouth
Apologoes, no fotos but a couple of memories.
Does anyone remember or have pictures of a very 50's/60's cafe/diner(?) that used to be situated in Cornwall St. or New George St. II remember it had chrome type spin stools at the bar/counter.
My mum and dad used to take us there as kids for the doughnuts.
Talking of which, whatever happened to the recipe of those doughnuts? They had a very soft, yellow dough and tasted so different to todays palid, over fried offerings. They weren't sparing with the jam filling either then.

justanotherfan

Schuey Sponsor
50/50 Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Apologoes, no fotos but a couple of memories.
Does anyone remember or have pictures of a very 50's/60's cafe/diner(?) that used to be situated in Cornwall St. or New George St. II remember it had chrome type spin stools at the bar/counter.
My mum and dad used to take us there as kids for the doughnuts.
Talking of which, whatever happened to the recipe of those doughnuts? They had a very soft, yellow dough and tasted so different to todays palid, over fried offerings. They weren't sparing with the jam filling either then.
The description of the doughnuts points towards Woolworths, the best doughnuts ever.

Ottawa Green

Administrator
Staff member
Schuey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
My first real job was with Rowe & Sons wholesale grocers, they were in one of those long warehouses across the water from the coal port. I helped empty the very first lorry that came from France with a load of peaches, a picture and story was in the Herald, would have been 1968.

1643057259109.png

Ottawa Green

Administrator
Staff member
Schuey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
T.O Support
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Is that football pitch in the bottom of the photo still there?
I didn't even realise it existed until I saw this photo.
Emu can you point me to the picture, as attachment 2298 does'nt help me find it, maybe the post # on the rhs of each post will help. thanks