Novels set in Plymouth | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Novels set in Plymouth

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Recently got back into reading and enjoy novels set locally. Read a couple of Simon Hall and Mark Sennen books so just wondered if there were any other recommendations. They don't have to be crime thrillers like the two authors mentioned.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Thanks stiffer, read quite a few Agatha Christie books years ago and enjoyed them. I seem to recall Plymouth got mentioned in few especially where train trips were involved.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I can recommend Treachery by S.J. Parris, if you fancy historical novels. Set in 16th century Plymouth, it is a thriller and whodunnit based around Sir Francis Drake and his contemporaries.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
They're obviously not in Plymouth itself, but the city and surrounding area is mentioned a lot in the Daphne de Maurier novels set in Cornwall.

Read Jamaica Inn recently, which is cracking.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Keyham Pilgrim":2mii35my said:
Recently got back into reading and enjoy novels set locally. Read a couple of Simon Hall and Mark Sennen books so just wondered if there were any other recommendations. They don't have to be crime thrillers like the two authors mentioned.

Can you tell me the titles of the books by those two authors? Thanks.
I've gone reading crazy during Covid, mainly crime thrillers so books set in Plymouth would be different.
Harlan Coben is a genius. :)

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Simon Hall books are The TV detective and The Death Pictures. Mark Sennen books were Touch and Bad Blood. I like to read books in order so they are the first two in each series. I had to order The Death Pictures from a second hand book dealer but it was in very good condition.

I really enjoy historical novels so I well order Treachery.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
There is an excellent novel called the English Monster by Lloyd Shephard which has a chunk set in sixteenth century Plymouth, but is a damn fine read.